Chapter 54

Emily's POV

I faintly heard crying, and I groaned. "Your turn."

"I just put her back to sleep, it's your turn." Austin mumbled from beside me.

It had been a few weeks since I had been released from the hospital and was now back at home with Lucy. She usually slept through the night, which was awesome, but she also had her nights when she didn't want to. And tonight, unfortunately, was one of those nights.

When we brought her home, Austin made Lucy's nursery in the room beside ours that had a connecting door between the two rooms so we could have easy access to her.

"No, I put her back to sleep last. What world are you living on?" I said tiredly, curling under the blankets farther. "Go."

"Babe." Austin whined, dragging out the 'a'.

"Now!" I whisper-yelled. "Just bring her here."

"Ugh, fine." He said as he sat up, running a hand through his hair before sliding out of bed and walking through the open door to Lucy's room.

"Hey there, princess," I heard him whisper through the door. "You just don't feel like sleeping tonight, do you? Come on. Let's go see your mommy."

I sat up and rubbed my eyes as he walked back into the room with a crying Lucy against his shoulder. He sat down slowly on the bed.

"Alright girlie, what's wrong?" I asked as I took her from my boyfriend.

She kept crying, so I groaned and got out of bed. I walked around the room, swaying back and forth.

"Where's Pancakes?" I asked Austin after a minute as I switched Lucy to my other shoulder.

He shrugged, then his eyes widened. "Dammit, I think she's still outside!"

"Well go get her!" I exclaimed, and he hurried out of the room.

"Shh." I whispered to my daughter. "Come on, Luce, go to sleep please." I begged.

A short while later, Austin came back into the room with Pancakes at his heels. She was quite bigger now, but she wasn't a year old yet, just over six months.

"Did Austin forget to bring you back inside, Pancakes?" I asked her as she trotted up to me, sniffing my leg. "What a meanie, right?"

Austin held his hands up. "Hey, she wasn't barking, so I thought she was inside. Classic mixup."

I rolled my eyes, then paused. "Oh my god."

"What? What's wrong?" Austin asked, shooting up.

"I just realized that your middle name and Lucy's middle name are the same." I whispered. "That's hilarious."

"You couldn't have just said that instead of scaring me with your 'Oh my god?'" Austin asked.

"No?"

"Well, do that next time. And okay, that is pretty funny."

"I know, right?"

"She's still not sleeping?" Austin asked sympathetically as he walked over to me.

I sighed and shook my head. "No. I don't know what's wrong with her. She just ate, her diaper is clean, and she's even wearing her daddy's pajamas!" Yes, they had Austin Mahone pajamas for babies, not just kids and teens.

"Hey, I have an idea," he said. "Give her to me."

I raised an eyebrow, but handed her over anyways, and she immediately wiggled her head into the crook of his neck and curled her little fingers into Austin's hair at the nape of his neck, since he wasn't exactly wearing a shirt. She stopped crying long enough to let out a little yawn before she started again.