Chapter 8

It's in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.

Bad decisions turn into bad choices, and bad choices turned into regrets.

Stumbling upon Blaez was my first bad decision.

"Stay here love, don't leave the room and don't open the door for anyone. Your mother and I  will be right back-", My Father tried to explain to me but I wouldn't listen. I cried and pleaded with them to stay with me but they shook their heads and forced a smile on their faces. 

My mother came over to me and hugged me, her silent tears wetting my forehead as she nuzzled her face in my hair, her pure red hair tickling my nose. I clung tightly to her body and sobbed as she cooed and whispered in my ears. "I'm scared mommy! w-why is everyone screaming? why is everyone fighting? I smell blood mommy, are people getting hurt? please don't leave me mommy! I-I don't-", I said between sobs, rubbing my face into her chest. 

Outside sounded so scary. Screaming, crying, growling, groaning, and other strange sounds filled the air, mixing into a static of noises. The metallic smell of  blood and flesh filled my nostrils, making me scrunch up my nose.

There was a strange noise outside our bedroom and suddenly the door opened, revealing a fearful Brook, our Beta. "Alpha Alex, we've lost alot of  warriors. . . he's taking them down all by himself", he said, clenching his fists tightly. "Alpha,w-what are we gonna-",  "-Have you confirmed?" my father asked and Brook quickly understood and answered, his face turning pale and his voice coming out cold and shaky. "Yeah, Its him. Aleric Blaez."

He was the terror that every pack in the area talked about. Some said that he was an Alpha's son but he was mentally unstable. They said he hated his pack so much that when he became an alpha, he murdered everyone. 

Everyone. 

But he didn't stop there. He began taking down smaller packs, bathing in the blood of his fellow species. His physical body as well as his addiction to murder grew stronger and stronger and as the years went by, he gained followers and created the first 'rogue pack'. 

They said he was a monster.

And his wolf was a demon.

And now he's here.

I was too young to know about Blaez at the time so I peered up at my mother questioningly as she looked at my father, who was now clenching his fists tightly.

His body looked extremely tense, and his eyes burned with a series of emotions that I couldn't really understand. "Sarah, stay with-"

"No! I'm coming with you. I'm not letting you face him alone", she said swiftly, her arms unconsciously tightening around my tiny body. My father looked like he wanted to tell her otherwise but he just shook his head. She then loosen her grip and looked down at me. "Elly love, Brook will be right outside your door, okay? We'll be right-" 

"B-but mommy-"

"Elliot", my mother said a bit sternly, her face suddenly tense. Her features then softened and she gently rubbed my head, passing her fingers through my hair before gently pecking me on my forehead. " Elly. . . you're our good little girl right?" she asked and I nodded. She gave a small smile and then stood up, my body immediately missing her warm embrace.

"Then please listen to your mommy, okay? We'll be right back", I nodded sadly at her words. I stood up, then ran towards her, wrapping my arms around her legs. I did the same to my father causing him to chuckle just a bit. I let go, and then watched as they made their way out the room, the door slowly closing shut.