Chapter 59

Elliot's POV

I couldn't find my man.

He's been missing since the meeting, and its been getting on my nerves.

"I could have been killed for all I know! That intruder followed me back to my tent.  Thankfully nothing happened, but what if something did? Why didn't he come to my rescue like he always does? That poohead."

"Umm. . . yeah?"

Elder Athena-My aide Athena nodded her head at me, but I knew that she didn't understand. I just wanted to rant. "He always does this! He even began sneaking out at night recently, running off to Goddess knows where! I swear. . . that man is in trouble."

Europa continued to stare at me, and I redirected my irritation to her. "What?"

"You don't stutter a lot when you're around me, huh?"

I stopped walking for a brief moment, before resuming my movement. "I sometimes find myself reverting to the same mannerisms of the. . . old Elliot, when I'm around the people I know", Athena simply nodded, before looking ahead of us.  "Anyways, I'm glad that you weren't hurt. Who knows what the intruder could have done to you? They could have been agents of that Vulcan Queen, sent to kidnap you. That man is even incapable of watching over his mate-"

"Why would the Vulcan Queen kidnap me? She doesn't know who I am, right? Wouldn't she be after Deimos instead?"

Athena's facial expression changed, then reverted to its original expression. It was so fast, that I almost didn't notice it. I somehow managed to see the change, however. The expression she wore for that brief moment, made her look almost unrecognizable. 

It was the expression of someone who said too much.

"Athena-"

"Elder Athena."

A white wolf walked up to us and bowed. He then came up to Athena and whispered in her ear. With a serious look on her face, she nodded.

"Thank you."

He bowed again, before walking away, "What was that?" I immediately asked her. Hesitantly, she replied. "They've confirmed that there was someone who helped out the intruder. They've pinpointed their exact location."

I tilted my head at her, then nodded.

"Okay then, let's go."

Since we were already traveling through the camp, it didn't take long for us to make it to our destination.

"So the accomplice resides at the edge of the territory, huh? Are they one of the Rogues we allowed to camp with us?"

Athena shook her head. "It seems like they come from a regular pack. They are, however, much more violent than other packs."

I sighed. 

"What's wrong young empress? Do you know the Pack?" At her question, I shook my head. "I just know the type."

Athena simply nodded, before walking. As we neared a group of white wolves, I turned to Athena with a random, yet a curious question.

"How old are you Athena?"