Chapter 62

Deimos' POV

I pulled my coat off Elliot's form, in an attempt to salvage the old cloth.  

"Now you're ruining my coat. Isn't this enough? I'll get mad you know." 

Upon saying this, Elliot's form shuddered, and a part of her face cracked. "Easy there. I wasn't going to get that mad. Don't go dying on me." 

I dusted off the coat, then folded it.

"Deimos."

At the sound of the voice, I turned around.

"Commander Europa."

She placed her hand on her hip.

"Tell me that this isn't you doing."

". . . This may not be my doing."

She closed her eyes, and removed the cigarette from her lips. "Is it fatal?" She asked. I turned back to Elliot and felt that annoying tug from the mate bond.

"Most times."

She hummed, before chucking her cigarette into the snow. "Will she stay that way? Or will she go berserk?"

I turned to Europa. "Devils usually don't stay stationary for long."

Europa turned around, then signaled to her guards. They immediately appeared, wielding rifles.

"Half of the Eastern Territory's population is right here in this clearing. If she really does go berserk, I want to avoid the deaths of thousands of people."

I eyed her carefully, before folding my arms.

". . .And what would you do to ensure that something like that doesn't happen?" I asked carefully.

"Whatever it takes."

Our eyes met, and a freezing gust of wind blew past us. Once the wind diminished and the snow settled, she sighed, before putting another cigarette in her mouth.

". . . But I wish to ensure that it doesn't come to that. Do what you can to save my friend. Please."

I turned to the commander, who was now issuing orders to her soldiers. Save my friend, huh? I thought to myself.

Now that I think about it, she did get friends, didn't she?

"Deimos", Europa called out to me again.

"What's wrong-"

"You've been holding back all this time, haven't you?"

I tilted my head in confusion.

"I thought something was odd. After losing Elliot, heck, even losing to us in a spar. . . you weren't truly into it, were you?"

I finally understood what she meant.

I huffed, before looking down at the snow.

"So you could tell."

"Of course I can- well, now I can."

She then turned back to Elliot.

"Judging by your aura. . . I can assume that that form's dangerous. . . so you're taking this a bit more seriously."

"Yup."

She narrowed her eyes at the form, before turning back to me.

"Do you think that. . .  there's more at play here?"

Again, her question caught me by surprise.

"Ever since I've met Elliot, we've had strange, yet extreme incidents, with Elliot being the main victim of it all. Is all of this really just a coincidence? Or is there something much bigger going on?"

CHOSENजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें