Chapter 17: Revelation

ADAM'S POV

I woke up, surrounded by pitch black darkness. I had no idea where I was or how I got there. The only thing I knew was who was the person that had kidnapped me. I still couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it was her. How could she have done this to me?

The clicking sound of her high-heeled shoes echoed through the space. By the sound of it, she had probably dragged me in an old, abandoned building.

»Good morning, sunshine!« Her piercing voice chirped. »How are you feeling? I hope you don't feel too sore.« I gritted my teeth, wanting to hurt her so badly. »Angelique.« She giggled. »Oh, sunshine, we can drop the formalities. It's Angie.«

I wanted her to feel the pain she had caused me. I wanted her smile gone. I wanted her gone.

»Oh, sweetheart. Don't look at me like that, it doesn't suit your pretty little face to frown.« I smirked. »Take off the blindfold ad I will gladly stop.«

The silence made me think that she had probably been considering it and after a long pause, she walked up to me and took the blindfold off. My eyes quickly adjusted, making me realise, we were in an old warehouse down by the docks. Judging, by the lack of sunlight, it was night time, perfect for her devious plans, whatever they were.

»What are your intentions with me, Angelique?« I asked her coldly, not letting her take control over the situation. She disappeared behind my back, slithering her little fingers across my bare shoulders, making my skin crawl. »Haven't you figured it out yet, Adam? I don't want to hurt you. I want to be with you!«

Now that was something surprising and unexpected. »What do you mean you want to be with me and if it's not me who you want to hurt, then who is it?« Her hot breath brushed over my earlobe, making me shrink. »You really don't know, do you?« She waited for an answer she would clearly not get. »Hmph. I'm a little disappointed in you, Adam. I though you would remember me, after all. You were my first love.« I narrowed my eyes, looking into the empty space in front of me. Me, her first love? Impossible. I would have remembered her. Unless…

»Let me refresh your memory, sunshine. A couple of years ago, you were at a party. I don't even remember what it was for, all I remember is you. As soon as I saw you, I knew you were special. Everybody who was anybody knew you. Nobody talked trash about you, they all seemed to love you but there was a split second as you looked away from the crowd, when I saw the pain in your look. It was then that I knew, that you were different and I had to have you.« She licked her lips, slowly, probably trying to seduce me. »The party was coming to a full swing and I lost you in the crowd but then, a miracle happened. You were leaning against a wall right beside me. And out of nowhere, you started talking to me. Me, the wallflower. You were so sweet and your voice was mesmerising. I think, it was the first time in my entire life that I felt happy.«

I frowned, not knowing what party she was talking about. I must admit, I was a bit of a party animal, not really caring what anyone thought of me. If I talked to a girl back then, it was only because I wanted to fuck her. I was struggling with my sexuality and I believed that if I slept with enough girls, the gayness would simply go away. But it didn't, it only grew stronger. The need to be with someone other that a girl started consuming me to the point where alcohol was part of my everyday routine. I didn't want to be like this, I didn't want it to define who I was. Then, one day, Michael came along and made me accept who I was. Before him, I had destroyed lives of countless innocent girls and I wanted to make amends, I just wasn't ready to open myself to any of them.

»You talked about all kinds of things but what I liked most about you, was that you didn't want to fuck me, you just wanted to talk to me. That is why I fell in love with you, Adam Singer.« Oh God, does she not know I am gay, or does she simply not care? The worry on my face must have set her off. »Don't worry, sunshine. I know all about your extra curricular activities with Mike. But he should really be none of your concern right now. I'm telling you a story, so listen!« Her voice cracked, making me realise, she was probably as crazy as they come.