Chapter 3 - Green Eyes

I nearly fall into the lake.

     I turn around and grab my bag, huddling it to my chest. I look at the wolf with my eyes wide as saucers. It's huge! I was still sitting down and the wolf towered over me with its enormous height, heck it was probably as tall as me when I was standing up! The wolf backed up a foot or two when I screamed and was just staring at me, narrowing its eyes, watching my every move.

     I quickly jumped to my feet, not taking my eyes off the wolf for a second. I backed up away from the wolf slowly, fearing he would lunge at me. The wolf took a step towards me, and I took ten steps back. My back hit a tree on my last step and the wolf stood directly in front of me, trapping me.

  I never should've left the tree! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

The wolf continued to watch me as I just visibly shook with fear, not moving an inch from my spot.

     He took a step towards me, and I started shaking more.

"S-stay away from me!" I yelled, clutching my bag closer to my chest.

     The wolf stopped and took a step back. Did he...understand me? I looked up at him and made eye contact with him for the first time. I gasped as I stared into his eyes. They were so....captivating. They were a beautiful sea of green and gold and seemed so....lively. They were beautiful and for some reason I didn't want to look away. We stared into each others eyes for a few minutes of just...staring.

     He went to take another step forward and I broke the eye contact and moved sideways along the trunk, away from the strange wolf. He looked almost....sad. He took a few more steps toward me and I made a split decision and ran.

     I ran as fast as I could, jumping over roots and rocks in my way as I ran down the path I followed earlier. I heard a loud growl from behind me and I shivered in fear. Then I heard him run after me. I quickened my pace and ran as fast as I could. I heard another loud growl from behind me and I felt tears prick my eyes as he got closer. In a split second, he jumped on me and I screamed. Mid-jump he switched our positions so I fell onto of the wolf, breaking my fall before he trapped me underneath him again, growling.

Well, im fucked.

     I screamed again, which caused him to let out a growl that caused his whole body to shake. I let out a whimper and silenced myself and felt tears start to roll down my cheeks. The more I cried, the more the wolf got angry. At one point he snapped his teeth at me, which silenced my whimpering. I kept my eyes glued shut and lay still, the tears silently falling down my face.

      After a few minutes the wolf seemed to calm down and stared at me, as if expecting me to try to run again. I kept my eyes closed, refusing to open them. The wolf nudged my shoulder with his snout and I stiffened, but I didn't move.  He...er I think its a he...did the last thing I expected.

    He got off from on top of me and backed up a few steps. I opened my eyes and lifted my head off the ground and looked at him. He shook out his fur coat and just....sat there. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion but didn't move, not knowing what he'll do.

     The wolf stood up and stared at me, studying every inch of me, before turning around and walking off into the brush a few feet away, disappearing out of my eyesight. I sat up almost immediately once he disappeared and looked around, just to be sure he wasn't going to sneak up on me.

That was....odd. Maybe wolves don't eat people? I've seen a wolf once before, and this one was huge.

     I decided to worry about that later, I need to get my tail out of here. I was almost wolf food once, and I didn't wanna take the chance of him coming back. I stood up and brushed the dirt off of me. I noticed a tear on the back of my dress from when the wolf tackled me, and I yelled some not so nice words before picking up my bag and slinging it over my shoulder.

     I looked around and realised I couldn't see the trail anymore. My heart rate began to increase as I searched for the trail. I looked around me, but I was far off in the middle of the woods. When the wolf chased me, I must have run farther than I thought. Fear began to lace through my heart as I continued to look for the rail but to no avail.

    I heard footsteps from behind me and I feel fear consume me as I go to turn around, expecting it to be the wolf. Before I can turn around, a hand clamps over my mouth. Before I can scream, the world starts to fade away and i'm consumed by darkness......

the last thing I see are the pair of the familiar green eyes.

__________

Hey guys! I hope you enjoy so far, and I can promise you with every chapter my writing improves. I edit and write these by myself, so i'm trying my best to get rid of all grammar mistakes! Leave a comment telling me what you think so far! :D