Chapter 22 - Dont Fight Part 2

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when Xavier ordered the men to leave. then there was only me, Xavier, and my brothers. Alone.

When the last warrior left and closed the door, I thrashed in Xaviers arms and tried to run to my brothers, or at least anywhere but near him. He, of course, growled and set me down but had a hard grip on my waist, probably going to leave me with bruises later.

I glared at him and he glared back with a look that could kill, and I tried to keep eye contact but I failed and looked away.

Aiden suddenly stood up form across the room, with a hand on his shoulder and steadied himself. I felt Xaviers grip become tighter before I had the chance to run to him, he probably thought I would try. Aiden walked over to where Lucas was on the ground and helped him stand up.

They were exchanging words I couldn't hear, and I didn't know if Xavier could hear them or not with his werewolf hearing, but they were talking in hushed whispers. They both turned and looked at us suddenly, and their eyes both fell on me.

Even though we were in a horrible situation, I couldn't hold back my small smile that made its way onto my features. They were actually here.

 My family.

They both had worry in they're eyes, but they returned my smile before immediately looking back at Xavier and sending him death glares. Even though I wasn't looking at Xavier, I knew he was glaring back with one just as intense.

No one had said a word yet, and the air was thick with uncomfortable silence. I decided to speak up.

"Aiden...? Lucas....?"

My voice was barely a whisper, but I knew they heard me by the way they both looked at me, diverging their gaze away from Xavier.

"...Is it really you guys...?"

I saw Aiden give me his beautiful half smile like he always does.

"You bet Cali."

I smiled at his nickname he gave me, and I felt my tears return, this time though, they were tears of happiness.

I ran towards them, and Xavier surprisingly let me.

I crashed into them and tackled them to the ground and heard their beautiful laughter fill my ears. They were here! They were actually here!

"Im missed you guys so much..!" I said between sobs

"We missed you too Cali."

Lucas said between laughs.

I thought id never see them again, and here they were!

I suddenly realized I was ontop of them and they were injured, so I immediately got up and heard them chuckle earning a giggle from me.

Another thought racked my brain.

"Where is everyone else? Where are mom and dad?"

Lucas wrapped his arm around me and gave me a small reassuring smile.

"They're fine. We split when we started looking for you. At first we stayed together right after you disappeared and looked together."

A dark look flashed across his face when he said the last part, but he continued.

"Then mom said she had a vision in one of her dreams where you gave her a location where you were, but it was vague. So we split up across the towns along the shore, and thats when these mutts."