Chapter 6 - Luna

"Believe it." The man said as he looked down at me.

I tried to push him away and stand up, but he continued to hold onto me, not letting me go. His eyebrows knit together in confusion as he held me down while I tried to get away from him.

"What are you doing?" The man asked.

"I'm not your mate! I need to go back home! Let go of me!"

The man growled before yelling, "MINE", his voice booming throughout the room before he slammed me into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

I was stunned by his sudden outburst, and to be honest a little scared.

After a few minutes, the man's breathing returned to normal but he continued to hold me against his chest. I licked my dry lips nervously as he continued to not say anything or move.

Interrupting my thoughts, he suddenly held me out at arm's length and looked at me, his eyes back to their beautiful green color.

"Do you believe me?"

There he goes with the "baby" thing again. I know I have a mate out there somewhere, but could it really be him.....? Can mermaids and werewolves be mates?

I looked up at him and just stared at him.

I studied his face, and then let my eyes wander to meet his. I stared into his deep green orbs, just......staring. Was there a connection? As I was just staring at him, he flashed me his fraction of a smile, and I felt my stomach do a flip.

I mentally sighed.

Well, looks like we're mates.

Wait, just because I find him attractive doesn't mean we're necessarily mates. But then again, him touching me gave me tingles in a good way, and I haven't been as scared as I thought I would have. I also haven't even attempted to use my powers on him.

I don't have my powers yet, but my given siren ones.

Mermaids use their siren powers, probably like all you've heard in the stories and would sing and it would cast fishermen under a spell and they would lure them to their death. They can control anyone under their song if they hear it.

I haven't tried to use it, and strangely the thought hadn't occurred to me until now. For some reason using him under my power gave me a wrong feeling.....like I didn't want to do that to him.

No. It doesn't matter if he's your mate, it would never work out, I need to get home.

I tore my eyes away from his and cleared my throat awkwardly.

"I-I need to g-go home," I said awkwardly placing my hands in my lap.

"This is your home." The man while he squeezed me a little tighter.

I shook my head.

"No, my home with my f-family."

"I am your mate, I am your family now. And so is my pack."

I gulped at the thought at meeting other werewolves. He's part of a pack and I don't know how they would react and oh god his alpha-

Wait.

Did he say......my pack?

My eyes shot up to meet his and I looked at him strangely.

"M-My pack?"

The man small smile reappeared.

"Yes, I am the alpha after all, and you're going to be their Luna."

I felt my face visibly pale. I can't be a......he can't be a.....

I try to remember what I read about werewolves from my books. I do know alphas are the strongest and then their second and third in command.....I also remember alphas are very protective towards their mate, and Luna's produce the heir for the pack......but he thinks I'm human, and I can't be a.....a Luna...if I become Luna, I'll never get back to my family! He'll never let me leave!

I started to feel a little light headed thinking about it.

I opened my mouth to speak before I looked up and noticed he was deep in thought.

His eyes were glazed over and he was staring at nothing.

He must be doing that telepathy communication thing with his pack I read about. Wait, he can talk to someone without me hearing? What would he be telling them-

"I have to go." The man said interrupting my thoughts.

He stood up, still carrying me, before setting me down on my feet and releasing me. I immediately moved a step or two back and wrapped my arms around myself. I could tell it bothered him, but he said nothing. I didn't look at him, mainly because he was still naked. He must have noticed my discomfort and he went to a dresser and slipped a pair of shorts on.

"You can look now." The man said with a smirk on his face.

I felt myself blush but look back at him. He was still shirtless and I was suddenly having a hard time maintaining eye contact, but I somehow barely managed.

"I have to attend pack business. You can take a shower and leave your clothes out here, I'll have someone clean them up. I'll have someone bring clothes for you too. When you are done go down the stairs and past the kitchen to the first door on your right down the hallway."

He then walked up to me, kissed my cheek and left.

I stood there for a minute or two, tingles erupting in my cheek, and a scarlet red blush on my cheeks.

After I composed myself I walked toward the bathroom, desperate to be submerged in water again. I began filling up the tub and turned around and undressed. I placed my clothes on the bed outside the bedroom before hurrying back in before realizing the door was broken.

I sighed and began to panic. I pick up the door from across the room and set it in the door frame, propping it up. It wasn't fixed, but at least I had privacy now, that is if no one touched the door.

I walked over to the mirror and looked at my reflection and visibly flinched at my appearance. I looked like a different person. My hair was a mess and looked shades darker from the dirt in my hair, and my face was covered in dirt and red from blushing. My body was covered in dirt too, and over all I felt and looked dirty.

After the tub filled up I stepped in and felt instantly relaxed. I laid down until just my head was above the water, before completely submerging myself. I felt my legs transform and my tail starts to form and when I raised my head back above the water I saw my beautiful blue, gold speckled tail above the water, reflecting off the lights.

I sighed, feeling my stress subside a little from being in my mermaid form. It felt good to shift, after being with my legs for so long. I was beginning to get anxious.

I reached over and grabbed the shampoo, and massaged it into my hair. He only had men's shampoo, but I didn't mind. It actually smelled like him. Like pine trees.

After scrubbing myself I pulled the plug out of the tub and drained the water from it. I lugged my tail over the side of the tub and grabbed a towel and dried my tail off and when it was completely dry my legs slowly reappeared.

I dried myself and wrapped the towel around me before grabbing a brush off the counter and combing out my hair. I set the brush down and headed back towards the door. I moved it aside and stuck my head in to see nobody inside.

I slipped through the door and walked towards the bed. I found my clothes gone and replaced with a t-shirt and sweatpants. I dropped my towel and slipped them on, I presume they were the mans because they smelled like him and were quite large on my small frame.

He locked the windows and balcony door so I couldn't escape. Darn. I went to the door and opened it, it now being unlocked, and stuck my head out. I saw a few rooms to my left and the stairs to my right. I stepped out and closed to door behind me before descending down the stairs.