Chapter 9 - Dungeon Part 1

The TV was the only noise I could hear as I walked down the stairs, my footsteps silent as a mouse.

"I told you he would win!"

I heard one of the male voices yell from the living room, breaking the silence and catching me off guard and I nearly missed a step.

"Ya, whatever! He cheated!"

I heard the other voice yell a bit louder, this one I noticed sounded a bit deeper.

"Quiet down! If you wake the Luna up and the Alpha finds out we're both dead!"

Silence then filled the house and my footsteps faltered a bit.

I was a little over halfway down the stairs when I heard them both erupt into laughter, my footsteps stopping as my anxiety built a little.

Calm down, it's fine. They seem pretty nice....right?

Wait, they think in their Luna? Did he tell them? Who else did he tell?

.....Or is there another girl here?

Another girl? Does that mean I'm not the Luna? Should I be happy then...., right? So why do I feel......angry?

He told me I was the Luna upstairs, so there isn't another girl.

Rather than feeling worried knowing they thought I was the Luna, I felt relieved knowing I was the Luna and not some other girl who probably doesn't even know her hands from her-

Okay, I'm getting angry at a girl who doesn't even exist.

Stupid mate bond.

After realizing I still had to face the two wolves downstairs, I took in a quiet breath, mainly because the last thing I want is for their advanced hearing to overhear me and realize their Luna- er, temporary Luna, was spying on them like a creep.

I continued my way down the stairs with silent footsteps as they continued to talk amongst themselves, still unaware of my presence.

"Hey man, what time is it?"

"Lemme check my phone.....it's around 10."

"Oh, when do you think the Luna will wake up?"

I felt my limbs stiffen at the mention of me.

I only had two more steps to go, until one of them said something that caught my attention.

"Dude, can I tell you something? But you can't tell the Alpha or he'll bite my head off."

"You know I won't man."

"True, but I'm just honestly a little surprised he found his mate."

"Surprised? We were gonna get a Luna someday."

"I know, but I didn't think he'd find his mate, I thought it would be Jessica or something."

Who's Jessica?

"Ya I can see that, he doesn't seem like the 'loving mate' type and with his past hookups and reputation, ya know? But he hooks up with Jessica a lot and she told me last week she was his mate and she was going to become Luna."

" Ha! Jessica's not his mate! She wishes. She's gonna lose her shit when she finds out she's not Luna."

"Id pay to see the look on her face."