Chapter 19 - Destiny

Xavier didn't hesitate to give me his shirt, even though it was torn up, it still was better than walking back naked...

Nightfall was already upon us, and the pack and I walked back to the house, with Xavier and I in the lead. Around halfway I felt my legs begin to grow tired, and I was persistent on walking, but Xavier carried me the rest of the way. I felt bad  because he had gone through so much more than me, but I fell asleep in his arms before I had the chance to argue with him.

I woke up when I suddenly felt cold, and my head was resting on something soft. I lifted up my neck and saw Xavier walking out of the room, he must have placed me on the bed.

I sat up and stretched, still feeling tired, but I was curious to see where he went. I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and felt the warm carpet between my cold wet toes and and stood up. I suddenly realized I still was wearing just Xavier's ripped up shirt, and immediately made my way over to the bathroom.

I was still covered in a little blood from the shark attack, with some small scratches that would heal by morning, all the serious damage was almost gone. I was in a desperate need for a shower. I tossed the shirt onto the floor and turned on the hot water, thankful for the change from the cold salt water.

After I was finished with my shower, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around myself before leaving the bathroom and yawning again. The hot shower must have made me even more tired, if that was possible.

With my sore legs, I walked over to the closet and threw on a pair of simple undergarments and a tank top with fuzzy pajama pants. I walked back into the bathroom to try and brush my hair, but the brush ended up getting caught in my birds nest of hair, so I just threw it in a messy french braid.

I walked out of the bathroom and Xavier still hadn't returned, so I decided to go check up on him. Im curious to see what hes doing.

As I made my way towards the door, I felt something brush up against my leg. I was surprised at first, but when I looked down, I smiled as I saw the little kitten.

"Binx!" I exclaimed as I cooped him up in my arms and started petting him, completely forgetting about Xavier.

He purred and rubbed his head into my palm, and I giggled as I sat down and began to play with him. I played with him for almost twenty minutes, when my tiredness really set it, and I yawned loudly again and began to make my way towards the bed.

I laid down and placed the kitten next to me, snuggling deeper into the covers as the kitten snuggled into my neck and quickly fell asleep. I smiled.

I felt myself soon begin to drift off to sleep, and I closed my eyes as I let darkness consume me and I fell into a deep sleep.