Chapter 9 - Dungeon Part 2

Mermaids are pranksters, what can I say?

The younger one actually looked close to tears and I felt a little bad for tricking him.

The older one looked calm but his face was extremely pale while the younger one was shaking.

"Stop shaking."

He immediately stopped and lowered his head, fear still in his eyes.

I couldn't help myself anymore and I let a little giggle slip out.

Both of their eyes shot up to me, looking confused and scared.

"You guys aren't going to the dungeon."

They looked at one another confused before the older one gathered enough courage to ask me something.

"Y-yes Luna. but then what is our punishment?"

I simply laughed at his question, which only made them both even more confused.

"You guys aren't being punished, calm down!"

The younger one briefly made eye contact with me, his eyes still a bit wide from shock.

"We aren't...?" the older one said, his voice quiet.

"Nah, I was joking. You guys didn't do anything wrong, relax."

The younger one visibly relaxed and looked like I had just saved his life.

I probably just did if my threat was true.

"Then what are you going to do with us? What about the Alp-"

"I'm not going to tell him."

"You aren't?!" The younger one practically cheered.

The older one elbowed him in the ribs for his show of disrespect, but I laughed at his response.

"I'm not. Relax. I'm not another "Jessica."

I saw both of their faces redden at my reply, but they both seemed relaxed knowing I wasn't going t tell their alpha. Actually, that seemed to relax them more than when I told them it was a joke. Seems like they're more afraid of the Alpha then the dungeon. I'd have to look into that.

"I'm joking. You guys need to relax more." I said with my best smile trying to calm their nerves.

The younger one I could tell was already convinced I wasn't a Jessica and sent me a small smile back.

The older one, who I determined to be more disciplined, kept a blank face but I saw the last bit of fear go away in his eyes as he just gave a firm nod.

Silence hung in the air for a few seconds, when the younger one began to sniff the air.

"You're a human." He simply stated, sounding surprised.

The older one whacked him over the head, as the man's eyes went wide at realization to what he just said. I threw my head back, trying to break the silence with an awkward laugh.

"Yes, I am," I said with my best fake smile I could muster in attempts to hide my discomfort from his knowledge that I'm not one of them.

At least they don't know what I am.....

"I so sorry-"

"It's fine. It's what I am right? There's nothing wrong with that." I said waving my hand as if it didn't even matter.

The younger ones worry disappeared and he matched my small smile, while the older one still seemed a bit on edge at his friend's outburst.

"I don't even know your names," I said, desperate to change the subject.

"Or right! I'm-"

"I'm John, the warrior." The older one said interrupting his friend while bowing his head as he shot a friendly glare at his friend.

The younger shot him back a glare before turning to me and replying with a smile still on his face which earned a scorning glare from his friend being so casual with me, but I'd rather them be casual than all proper and fear me.

"I'm Theo, third in command." I could practically hear the pride in his voice as he announced his title.

"Aren't you a little young to be third in command?" I asked. He looked to be around 18, which was close to my age.

I saw his face turn a bit red at my reply but cleared his throat awkwardly.

"Ya, but my father was suspended from the role by the alpha and I was given my position around two months ago."

"Suspended...?" I asked, tilting my head to the side a bit curious.

I saw him get a bit nervous as he exchanged a glance with John before turning back to me and answering.

"Uh...ya. He broke the rules and...uhm...no longer.....can serve."

He sounded very brief and wasn't giving many details, but honestly, I was already a bit angry at Xavier and didn't want another reason to be mad at him.

"Nevermind," I said with a smile and motioned for them to follow me into the kitchen.

I saw them both exchange glances again before following behind me.

I walked over to the counter by the sink and began to wash my hands.

"Have the both of you eaten breakfast yet?" I asked in a friendly tone.

"Yes." "No."

They both responded with different answers and I heard John being the one saying yes. He again elbowed Theo in the ribs at his response.

"What? She asked and I replied honestly." Theo said as he rubbed his rib where he was elbowed.

John whispered something into Theos ear before giving him another look that said 'shut up'.

I turned to John and raised a brow at him.

"Have you two eaten or not?"

John reluctantly looked torn but lowered his head and replied with a curt 'No'.

"Then I'm cooking for the both of you. How do pancakes sound?"

"Luna you don-"

John was interrupted by the sound of Theos stomach growling at my mention of pancakes.

John sent him a death glare while Theo just shrugged.

"It's settled then," I said as I gathered my ingredients from the cupboard.

"We can order the maid to come down so you won't have to cook Luna," John said as he saw me set all the ingredients on the counter.

"I want to cook though. Am I not allowed to?"

"Well you are, but-"

"Then it's settled! I shall cook for the three of us!"

I turned on the stove to give it time to heat up before pointing to the dinner table indicating for the both of them to sit.

Theo was more than happy to oblige and John just reluctantly sat down, but I could see him eyeing the ingredients hungrily.

I grabbed my measuring cup and began to pour the ingredients for the pancakes into the bowl, measuring each using the recipe I learned from my mother.

"So, tell me more about this Jessica."

_______________

2nd part! :P I know some of you saw that going in a completely different direction, but don't worry haha, Calista would never send them to the dungeon lol.