Chapter 8 - Sore Subject

~

"Open the door."

I don't respond to him at all and I can hear his knocks getting angrier by the second.

Xavier has been asking me to come out for over ten minutes now.

After I ran up here, he was close behind me banging on my door, screaming at me to come out.

He calmed down after a few minutes and repeated apologies multiple times.

"Calista, this isn't funny anymore. Open the door."

My tears stopped a few minutes ago, but my eyes were still red and my cheeks tear-stained.

I hear Xavier's knocks getting angrier, but I ignore them.

"Calista, open this door now."

I pick my head up form the pillows it's resting on and shoot a glare at him. Even though he couldn't see it since the door was in the way, I stuck my tongue out at the door meanwhile he still continued to become angrier.

"Calista! Open the door now!"

......

"OPEN THE DAMN DOOR BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN."

I simply sit up in the bed and wipe my cheeks. I don't respond to him, but he can hear me stand up from the bed and he stops banging on the door for a second.

I walk towards the door, and I can hear him sigh as he hears my footsteps coming towards him.

I unlock the door and open it. I place myself against the frame with a hand on my hip.

Xavier was right in my face as I opened the door, and I saw his eyes soften as he looked at my tear-stained cheeks.

"Calista, look im so sorry baby, I-"

He was interrupted as I picked up the coffee on the table next to me and splashed it on him.

Silence gripped the air.

It took Xavier a few seconds to realize what happened, he looked down at his coffee-stained shirt and pant and looked up back at me, his eyes pitch black.

Before he could utter another word, I slammed the door shut in his face and locked it.

I heard a loud growl that shook the floor, and I felt my heart rate increase a little, but I ignored Xavier as I continued to walk back to the bed.

He needs to get his anger under control and stop thinking he has to know everything about me-

My thoughts are interrupted as the door flies off its frame and across the room, smashing through the window.

I look up at the broken window, before in the flash of an eye Xavier grabs my hand and turns me around to face him, while keeping my wrist in an iron grip.

His eyes remained pitch black and his breathing was heavy. 

He was already taller than me, but at this moment he looked two feet taller than normal.

I felt a little bit of fear kick in and my eyes grew wide.

I tried my best to keep my breathing under control and I took a deep breath before looking up at him to meet his dark eyes with a calm face.

"You break a lot of doors."

I said, my voice wavering a bit but I managed to barely keep eye contact.

Barely.

"Then maybe you should answer me."

Xavier's voice was as deep as his eyes and it sent shivers through my body, out of fear I'm still unsure about.