Chapter 13 - Moon Hormones

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!"

I yelled at my brush as I threw it on the bathroom counter. My hair wasn't cooperating at the moment.

Xavier hadn't come up yet after I closed the door on him.

Good. I was angry.

I sighed and ran my hands through my golden hair, frustrated.

I exited the bathroom and walked over to the kitten laying on the bed.

I sat down next to him, running my hand through his soft fur. He purred and rubbed his head on my palm in approval.

I smiled, but it quickly faded when I heard the door open.

Xavier entered the room, and his eyes almost immediately landed on me.

I stood up and ignored him, walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth.

I didn't want to even be in the same room as him. Every time I looked at him, I saw his lips on Jessica's.

I finished brushing my teeth and spit in the sink before grabbing mouthwash.

Xavier walked in, but said nothing and I saw him standing behind me from the reflection in the mirror.

He just stared. Didn't talk. Just stared at me.

I spit my mouthwash out and set the container back down, sending him a glare at the mirror and turned around to exit the bathroom. I didn't like being this close to him.

He likes Jessica being this close to him.

I shook my head at the nasty little voice in my head.

I suddenly felt a hand grab my bicep, preventing me form walking away.

From the sparks the errupted on my arm, I knew it was Xavier.

"Calista."

I heard Xavier say. I ignored the way my insides turned whenever he said my name.

"Let go." I said in monotone.

"I know you're mad."

"Ya think?" I said a bit annoyed.

I know I was being a bit cold with him. But I didn't care.

"Let me explain, please."

"Explain what?!" I snarled as I turned around to face him, feeling my anger begin to boil inside me.

"Alright you wanna explain?" I asked him while placing my hand on my hip, him still having my other arm in a tight grip.

"Yes." He said, his voice low. He had no right to be mad at me!

"Alright, explain to me then! Explain to me, how did her lips feel on yours? Or her arms around your neck?" I asked daringly.

"She means nothing to me." Xavier answered, staring straight into my ryes with his gaze as harsh as his voice.

I looked away, uncomfortable with his gaze.

"Didn't seem like it!" I spat, still angry.

I suddenly felt the back of the counter dig into my back and I gasped as the sharp corner poked my sides.

Xavier stood over me, gripping the sides of the counter next to me blocking any hope of escape for me.

"She means nothing to me." He repeated, his voice getting lower with each word.