Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Leo was registering himself at the business conference when the person next to him introduced himself to the receptionist, “Andrew J. Taylor”.

Leo immediately turned to look at the man. He does look similar. “Andrew?” he called the guy.

He turned towards Leo and looked they both looked at each other in shock, “Leo?” Andrew asked.

Leo smiled and nodded, “It is me,” he chuckled and they both hugged.

“God, man,” chuckles Andrew staring at his long lost best friend, “How have you been?”

“I’m great, surviving,” replied Leo happily. “What about you?”

“I’m doing great myself,” nodded Andrew and hugged his best friend again, “God, I missed you, man,” he seriously told Leo.

“Yeah really,” Leo teasingly raised his eyebrows, “If you don’t go missing I would have contacted you,” he playfully hit Andrew’s chest.

“I’m sorry my friend,” Andrew apologized with a serious tone, “I have no choice at that time.”

“Don’t worry,” chuckles Leo, “I’ve forgives and forget. Let’s start all over again now that we have found each other.”

“Yeah, I like that,” nodded Andrew, “I don’t think I ever want to lose you again my friend.”

“So am I,” nodded Leo in agreement, “You here for the conference?”

“Yeah. You too?” asked Andrew.

“No, I’m here to buy some cakes,” he jokes making Andrew laughed, “Why else would I be here?”

“Great, that will give lot of time to catch up on things,” chuckled Andrew and Leo smiled in agreement.

“Wow, you finally end-up with Niki,” chuckled Leo feeling happy with his friend’s news, “And your kids wow,” praised Leo looking at the photo of Andrew’s twins, a boy and a girl, “I’m so happy for you.”

“Thanks,” grinned Andrew proudly, “How about you? Are you with anyone right now?”

Leo shook his head, “Nope. I still single and available,” he admitted.

Andrew cast him a serious and sad look, “I’m sorry,” he said softly.

“Why are you apologizing?” chuckles Leo playfully slapping Andrew shoulders, “I’m happy with my life. No commitment and I don’t have to worry about anything or anyone. I just take care of myself and my business.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” smirked Andrew. He actually didn’t believe a single words Leo was telling him. He could see in Leo eyes that he not really happy. He needs to do something for his friend. Maybe now is the right time to amend all that went wrong 8 years ago.

“You not going back home today are you?” he asked Leo.

“No, I have some business I need to take care over here. I’m here for a week,” Leo told him, “Why?”

“Well, since you are here, why don’t you follow me home tonight? I’m sure Niki would be happy to meet you again. You could meet my kids,” Andrew suggested.

“Hmm, that sound good to me,” Leo nodded in agreement, “I love to see Niki again.”

Andrew smiled. What Leo doesn’t know was that Luna will be there to at Andrew’s place. Luna would always take care of his family whenever he’s away from home especially now that Nikita is seven months pregnant. Hopefully when they meet again, they would realize that they still love each other. It’s time both of them be happy as they both had suffered too long.  He really hoped Leo still has not given up on Luna.