Chapter 39

Chapter 39

Luna was nervous all the way to Boston and they both were in the car heading towards Leo’s grandfather’s place to meet him. She couldn’t stop wondering how his grandfather reaction and silently prayed he will like her.

Leo who was sitting beside her could feel her nervousness. He kept holding her hands since they leave the house up till now never letting it go. He wanted her to know that he’s there to keep her safe. He would never let anyone did any harm to his girl; the love of his life. He will protect her. He kissed the back of her hand making her turned and looked at him.

She cast him a faint smile, “I’m still here with you,” he said to her tenderly.

“I know you are,” Luna said to him softly and rested her head on his shoulder, “I love you.”

One of Leo’s hands wrapped around her while the other still holding hers. Kissing her temple, he whispered, “I love you more,” making Luna smiled. “Don’t worry, my grandfather will love you,” he comforted her.

“I hope so,” she said to him.

“Don’t worry. I’ll always be with you.  I’m not going to let you be alone with him, ok,” promised Leo.

“You better don’t,” Luna playfully warned him making Leo chuckled.

They finally reached their destination. Leo got out from the car first and extended his hand to Luna helping her out from the car. Luna took a deep breath as if calming herself down.

“Come, let’s meet him,” he wrapped his hand with her and they walked into the mansion.

“Welcome, Master Leo,” acknowledged his grandfather’s butler one the door was opened.

“Thanks Martin,” smiled Leo, “Where’s my grandfather?” he asked.

“His waiting for you in the living room, sir,” replied the butler and let them both towards the room.

Leo could feel Luna hands sweating. He brought it to his lips kissing the back of it as it reminding her that’s he still there. Luna looked at Leo who gives her and encouraging smiled. Looking at his smiles had given her the encouragement to face his grandfather without fear. Looking at him walking besides her right now gives her the determination to fight and stand up for him. She gave him a confidence and determination smiled making Leo looked proudly at her. Yeah, he said in his mind, both of them are going to fight for each other.

Both Luna and Leo were surprised when they saw his parents were also there at the living room with his grandfather. The three of them turned around towards them when they heard footsteps approaching them. His mother immediately glared at them when she saw them while his grandfather making it obvious that he’s observing Luna because he’s eyes was on hers. Leo’s father was the only one who walked over to them, shaking Leo’s hand.

He looked at Luna and smiled, “Welcome Luna,” he said and kissed her cheek. Luna blushed but couldn’t help noticing Leo’s mother was looking angrily at her husband.

Ignoring his wife’s glare, he took Luna’s hand and walked her over to his father-in-law while Leo smiling and followed them from behind, “Father, this is Luna,” he introduced.

Luna was nervous again standing in front of the old man who never took his eyes off her, “So you are the girl that my grandson chose over his mother,” he said with a serious tone but not sternly. His voice is more fatherly than sternly.

“Yes grandpa,” Leo said as he stood besides Luna, “She’s the love of my life.”

“Love of your life, bullshit,” Leo’s mother sneered.