Chapter 1

No.

No, no, no.

This is not real. I am just dreaming. This can't be happening. Calm down, Ellie. Just take a deep breath and go back to sleep.

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. Who was I kidding? No one could sleep in the middle of the hallway. This wasn't a dream. He was really here.

Be optimistic Ellie. Look at him. He is just Ashton trying a new look. Yeah, that must be it. Ashton getting bored and trying out a new look.

But that didn't explain the crowd around him. I should stop kidding myself. I could tell them apart even in my sleep. But I wouldn't deny that they look identical. It's just that I could tell them apart with the way they act, walk and talk. After all, I had spent my entire life with them, literally.

What is he doing here? Why? He was supposed to be in L.A. and do....whatever celebrities like him do.

I was losing it. God, I should stop talking to myself.

"Yeah, you should."

"It's creepy right?"

"Pretty." I looked beside me and a girl with red-rimmed glasses was staring at the scene in front of us. I didn't know her name, but I had seen her around.

Was I talking aloud this entire time?

Cue to be embarrassed.

Asher was walking in all his glory through the double glass doors with girls fawning and drooling over him. The entrance was so crowded you could literally see every female of Illinois Academy waiting for their Prince Charming to notice them. Well, except for me and the girl beside me.

"How can they let him come to school?" The girl beside me muttered.

"Yeah right?" I replied. I guess I was not the only one who hated his guts.

"I gotta do something," the girl muttered under her breath and walked away. I should better leave before he noticed me.

I was a bit late for that as he had already seen me. He threw me one of his dazzling smirks which can make any girl's feet turn into a puddle. I shot him a deadly glare and walked away.

****

It was the hour before lunch and I was taking out my books from my locker for the next class. Someone wrapped their arms around me from behind and twirled me. I was giggling by the time they put me down.

"Hey Ashton, you look happy today," I said to him smiling. See, that's how good friends we were. Now, this was Ashton. Always well dressed. His dark brown hair perfectly styled. Kind of a perfectionist if you asked me. This wasn't our usual greeting.

"You bet," he said grinning, his blue eyes shining.

It was always like this, us fooling around and laughing. It felt so comfortable to be with him. To talk to him. To see his blue eyes shine whenever he was happy.

"May I know the reason?" I asked as he walked me to my next class.

"I think you already do," he said.

Do I?

No, I don't.

Then it hit me. He was happy because his brother came back to town. Of course, he was. He loved Asher to pieces. Sometimes I thought why can't they hate each other? Why didn't they have that competition between them that siblings with similar ages do? They were the same age. But then again they both loved each other far too much to have that kind of a relationship. Those two could die for each other.