Chapter 35

"You know, I've been observing something lately," Brooke spoke up as I tried to fix the beads on my hair.

"Mmhmm," I said because my hair was taking all my concentration. I wanted it to be perfect.

"Megan said she was better observer than me. I had to prove her wrong so I have been observing your boyfriend for past two weeks," she said.

Now that the beads were in place I looked at her. She was dressed up as Wonder woman, saying she didn't want to waste the night dressing up as something scary when she could be dropping jaws instead. I had other plans.

"You were spying on my boyfriend?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

She rolled her eyes and stood up, her long boots making her look incredibly tall. She walked up to me and fixed my bandana.

"He was the only one who I didn't know and who was hanging out with us the most," she said.

"You don't know Megan," I said just because I could.

"She could cheat," she muttered. I wondered what Megan would dress up as.

"Anyway, I observed something," she started. I waited for her to continue as I put eyeliner on my eyelids.

"I think Evan is suffering from anorexia," she said quickly.

I took in a deep breath.

"I know," I admitted.

"You do?"

I nodded.

"Yes! I was right. I knew I was a good observer," she stopped when she saw the look I was giving her. "I'm sorry. It's not a good thing. I was hoping to be wrong," she said.

"No, you weren't," I stated.

She huffed and crossed her arms.

"Whatever. You knew this. Why didn't you do anything?" she asked.

I saw my reflection on the mirror. I still didn't look manly enough. I turned and leaned against my vanity table.

"What could I do? Trust me, if I could shove food down his throat I would. He avoids the topic like it's fire. I still do whatever I can to make him eat," I told her. It was really worrying me since I came to realize it. He gets all defensive whenever I try to bring it up. I didn't know how to make him talk to me about it.

"He is getting thinner," Brooke said, a hint of worry in her tone. "I don't know why he wants to get thin. Nobody likes lanky boys."

"I don't think it's about looks," I said. I thought if I should share this with her. It was kind of personal. And it wasn't like I had any proof. I just assumed it from what I knew and assumptions had a bad habit of being wrong. "I think it's about his choice," I said, keeping most of it with me.

She furrowed her eyebrows.

"Help me with the makeup. I don't think I'm capable of looking scary," I said and turned back to look at the mirror.

She scoffed. "Have you seen yourself half of the time?"

I rolled my eyes, but a smile broke out on my face.

****

Sadie, one of the cheerleaders, dressed up as Harley Quinn, Brooke and I were hanging out with said, "Oh. My. God." All six of us turned to look where she was looking.

My eyes widened.

It was Megan. And she was looking hot. She caught my eyes and made her way towards our group, smiling shyly. She was dressed up as Catwoman and let me tell you she was totally pulling it off. Her red hair was nowhere in sight, covered by the mask.