Chapter 14

"I can't go," I told Brooke as we made our way back from the game in her car.

"Why not?" she asked frowning.

"I am still grounded remember?" I said.

"For one moment there I thought you really can't go," she said in a tone that sounded far more relieved for the problem was still not solved.

"Brooke grounded means I can't go," I said. Although I doubted it was like that in my case as my dad knows nothing about grounding. In fact, it was the first time he ever grounded me. For eternity. But I had to get the point across.

She looked at me sideways and smirked. "Not when I am concerned. No, it doesn't," when she was saying this she kept her eyes on me and I was shitty myself thinking she would run into some pole or worst a car.

"Eyes on the road," I almost yelled.

She rolled her eyes but looked ahead.

She screamed and the car lurched.

"What?" I looked frantically around. My heart was literally in my throat.

She was going to kill us both. Oh no oh no oh no.

I was going to die. I didn't want to die. I have to do so much in life.

You don't even know what you want to do in your life. My conscience threw at me.

Oh, shut up!

"Alright alright," Brooke said snickering.

I was so engrossed about thinking about dying and not knowing what to do with my life I didn't realize Brooke was laughing her ass off.

That bitch!

"If you were immortal I would have killed you several times," I said scowling at her.

"If I were immortal you wouldn't be able to kill me," she said.

"Exactly."

She chuckled shaking her head.

"I really thought we were going to crash," I said feeling my heart calming down. She just gave me a mini heart attack.

"Not when I am behind the wheel. I'm a pro you know," she boasted.

"Yeah Yeah."

****

We got ready at my place. Brooke wore a short lace navy blue dress with silver sequin accents. She curled her black hair and put on some makeup. Her tan skin glowed and she wore black heels.

I went for a maroon blouse with a black skirt and black ankle length boots. After I put on my makeup and did my hair Brooke and I stood in front of the mirror.

"We look so hot!" Brooke gushed.

"I would totally hit on us," I said.

She took out her phone and we clicked a selfie.

"Now step two," she said.

I looked at her in confusion.

"What step two?" I wasn't sure I liked her mischievous expression.

"Is your dad home?" she asked.

"I guess," I said.

She walked towards the door and turned. She put her hands on her hips. "I am going to sneak you out," she said.

"Brook-" I started to say but she cut me off.

"You just watch," she said and went out.

I sighed. There was no need.