Chapter 34

Evan was telling me something about an art competition he was participating in, but I was distracted, my mind wandering around a lot of things.

It was the week before Halloween and we were sitting at a diner, our food kept in front of us, but neither of us seemed to be hungry. I picked at my food, but Evan didn't even touch it.

"That's enough!" a hand slammed on the table. My eyes followed the hand and locked themselves with the deep blue eyes of its owner, my heart stuttered.

Evan grumbled from where he was sitting across from me. He started to get up, but when Asher shot him a glare thought better of it.

I looked at Asher questioningly, wondering why he was here.

"I'm taking you to her," he said and my breath caught in my throat. I knew exactly who he was talking about.

"No, you're not. She isn't ready," Evan argued. He knew too who he was talking about.

"Plus, we're on a date right now and I would very much appreciate if you would leave us alone," he said, smirking at the deadly look Asher gave him. Oh how much he loved to get under his skin.

Asher ignored him and gently pushed me further inside the booth, taking the seat I was occupying moments ago.

"This is the worst date I've ever witnessed," he said.

I couldn't believe he crashed our date. How did he even find us? Was he following us? I wouldn't be surprised if he did, though. He had been hanging out with me more and more these past weeks. After I had called him at that party, which I didn't remember much about because apparently I was piss drunk, I realized I didn't want to stay away from him. So we were trying to get along. You know, trying to be friends.

Some days were better than others. Some days we fought less including others things. Can't say Evan was happy about the whole thing though. Being my boyfriend meant he had to put up with being with Asher, who he still hated, but he agreed.

"And you are the worst stalker I have ever witnessed," Evan retorted.

"I was just craving grilled sandwiches when I saw you were torturing her with your boring personality," Asher said, shifting closer to me. I scooted away, almost pressed to the wall, to maintain the distance.

"Stop stalking my girlfriend," Evan gritted through his teeth.

"She is my girl friend too. I can visit her whenever I want," he said and my eyes widened.

"Maybe, but there is a space in between and it's called friendzoned," Evan said, putting up his thumb and index finger a bit apart.

Asher scowled, but then he noticed I hadn't spoken a single word.

He turned to me, worry clearly written in his eyes. He was wearing a hoodie, the hood up so no one would recognize him. But I think a group of girls, sitting a few tables away got an inkling because they were whispering and pointed excitedly.

"Umm I think those girls are seconds away from infiltrating this table," I said gesturing towards their table.

Both boys looked and Asher cursed under his breath.

He grabbed my hand and stood up. Evan did the same, glaring at our hands.

"Let's go," Asher said tugging me towards the entrance.

Evan watched us with a hurtful look.

I felt bad so I stood in front of him and gave him a small smile.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I said and with my free hand hugged him. It was a bit awkward as Asher was still holding my other hand and when I tried to free it, he didn't let go.