Chapter 29

As I made my way to my locker to take my chemistry book, my brows furrowed at the crowd surrounding it. I pushed through the crowd wondering what was the commotion about.

What the hell?!

I stared at my locker with my eyes as wide as saucers.

All kinds of insults stuck to it.

Whore.

Slut.

Bitch.

And a lot more I didn't even want to read. Who the hell did this? I angrily started ripping it from my locker. I heard laughter and some snide remarks about me and tried my best to ignore it as I tried to rip all of it. Tears stung my eyes but I didn't let them fall. I wouldn't let these people get any more amusement by my humiliation.

"What the hell?!" Megan's voice came and a hand joined me in ripping off the papers.

"Who did this?" she asked me.

I shrugged because I was in no state of speaking. If I spoke my voice would crack and I would start crying.

"What are you staring at losers? Show's over. Get back to your classes," Brooke ordered and every one scattered. They tried to be subtle but I could tell they were all talking about me.

A hand clamped down on my shoulder. "I'm gonna kill her," she muttered in a deadly voice.

"You know who did this?" Megan asked.

I still didn't turn away from my locker, even after Megan and I ripped every last bit of paper. I couldn't.

"That bitch. Kelsey. Who else? I knew something like this was going on in her head," she said.

"Why would she..." Megan trailed off.

Then she turned me to face her, apology written all over her face.

"I'm so sorry, Ellie. It's all because of me," she said.

I shook my head and cleared my throat before speaking.

"What are you talking about? This isn't your fault. It isn't anyone's fault," I said.

"It's Kelsey's and she's going to pay," Brooke said, her jaw clenched. "I'm going to break her nose."

"Break some ribs too while you're at it," Megan said which brought a faint smile on my lips.

"Just watch. When I'm done with her, you wouldn't be able to tell if she got bruises or bruises got her," Brooke said, rolling up the sleeves of her top.

"Are you sure?" I asked hesitantly.

"Of course I am. Why do you think I take all those fighting classes? It's for times like this. To put some goddamn bitches in their place," she said.

"I mean, are you sure it was Kelsey?"

"Who else would it be?"

"Could be anyone," I said, not wanting to jump to conclusions.

"It's her. It's because you hang out with me. She hates me and it's her way of telling you to stay away from me," Megan said.

I looked Megan in the eyes.

"Stop it, Megan. It has nothing to do with you. Stop blaming yourself," I said.

She started to say something, but I cut her off with a look. She nodded.

"Where can I find that bitch right now?" Brooke said, looking around the hallway but she wasn't there. Which made me think Kelsey wasn't the one who did this. Because if it was her doing she would want to see the show for herself.