Chapter 38

Was it natural to feel nervous to meet your boyfriend even after you had been dating for more than a week?

I shook that thought away as I impatiently waited for the door to open. When it did open I was greeted by Asher's twin brother, Ashton. He seemed to be still in slumber.

"Hey!" I sounded more excited than I wanted.

He made way for me to enter when he saw it was me.

"I think he's still sleeping," he ended with a yawn, walking towards the kitchen to fix himself some coffee.

"It's okay," I said, following him.

"Want some coffee?" he asked.

I politely declined and sat on a stool.

"Do you want me to wake him up?" he asked when he had some caffeine in his system.

"No, it's alright. I can do that," I said standing up.

I blushed when I saw him smirk.

He looked down into his cup of coffee and muttered something.

My mouth gaped open because I heard exactly what he said.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, you jackass!" I wish I had something to throw at him.

"What? It's a perfectly normal scenario," he shrugged, grinning playfully.

"You are so lucky I don't have anything to throw at you," I said.

"Don't keep him waiting, El," he sang and shooed me away.

I gave him a dirty look and walked upstairs to Asher's room.

I hesitated at his door. Should I knock?

I didn't knock. He would be asleep anyway.

My mind saw this as an amazing opportunity to get me some paybacks.

I took out my phone and earplugs as I tiptoed to the side of his bed. He was sleeping on his stomach with his head turned to the side and one arm under it. I sat on the bed, careful not to wake him. I chose the loudest song from my playlist and leaned over him to put the earplugs in his ear.

As I did that I got momentarily distracted by his long lashes fanning his cheeks and his lips that were parted just a bit.

His hair fell on his forehead and his back rose up rhythmically. I felt a strong desire to reach out and run my fingers over his cheek. To trace the slant of his jaw and to follow the curve of his lip. I realized too late that I was staring.

His other hand came behind my back and pulled me forward to his chest as he lay on his back.

"Morning sunshine," he murmured, his eyes drinking me in.

I pushed at his chest, his naked chest, to sit up but his arm tightened joined by his other arm.

"What were you doing?" he asked with a glimmer in his eyes.

"I um I uh," I stumbled over my words, not able to make any coherent thoughts with him this close.

He brushed strands of my hair that had fallen over my face and relaxed his hold on me.

"You were watching me sleep?" he said with a smirk.

My face reddened and I pushed myself up.

"Of course not! Why would I do that?" I huffed.

He again pulled me back, but this time my back was pressed to the bed and he was above me, putting all his weight on his arms.

I turned my head to the side, not wanting to see him laugh at me. He turned my chin back to him, his deep blue eyes capturing all my attention.