Chapter 12

I plopped my head down on the sketchpad kept on my lap and groaned.

"I can't do this," I complained.

"Let me see," Evan asked me. He was sitting beside me under the same tree Brooke and I sat in our free periods. Mr. Mathews, our art teacher was feeling love for nature and the weather was nice too, so he decided to take the students outside. We were scattered around the campus with a sketchpad and had to sketch something while he relaxed under the sun.

I shook my head and hid my drawing.

"No!"

He rolled his eyes.

"Come on. It can't be that bad," he said reaching for my sketchpad.

I hid the sketchpad behind my back.

"You know it can be that bad," I told him.

He reached behind me and snatched it. I put up a fight but we all knew how it goes when we put me and fight in the same sentence.

I grumbled under my breath as he stared at my drawing. He watched it intently as if trying to figure out the mystery of the universe.

"What exactly were you trying to make?" he asked rotating the sketchpad at different angles.

"A horse," I muttered under my breath.

"A what?" he asked.

I looked the other way because I was dying from embarrassment.

"Say it again. I didn't hear you," he teased me.

I refused to acknowledge his presence.

"Tell me, Ellie, is it a whale?" he guessed.

I facepalmed myself.

Does it look that horrible?

"Oh I know!" he exclaimed. "It's a cloud. You were trying to make a cloud, weren't you?" he said.

I glared at him.

"Horse. It's a freakin' horse," I snapped.

He looked at the drawing again then burst out laughing. He was laughing so hard that he fell back on the ground, clutching his stomach.

I was shooting daggers at him but he was oblivious to my death glares.

I snatched my sketchpad from his hand.

"If you can't help me then don't make fun of me," I gritted.

He was still laughing like a fish out of the water. I was mad so I kicked him hard.

"Ow!" he sat up rubbing his leg.

He glared at me.

I smirked. At least that shut him up.

His eyes fell on my drawing and he started laughing again. I took the sketchpad and started hitting him on the head.

"Okay! Okay.... Stop! I'll... I'll... Stop," he said in between laughs. He braced himself.

I kept on hitting him.

"If you don't shut your mouth the next thing to come out of it will be your teeth," I threatened.

He stopped.

"God, you are so aggressive," he said.

I scoffed.

"Yeah, and you are so funny," I said.

He rolled his eyes.

"But seriously, even a two-year-old kid can draw better than you," he stated.