Locked Out - One Shot Contest Entry

Okay, so I entered this one shot contest, and I decided that I wanted to give you all a little insight on what Michael and Alyssa's lives are like after the events of the epilogue when they became engaged.

The one shot, written about Alyssa and Michael on a getaway trip, was on my page since February for the contest. Sadly, I lost, but it was stiff competition.

So now, I've decided to move it here so that you can easily access it without having to go to another book on my page. I hope you enjoy!

-

Laughter filled the air as a redhead and a blond strolled down the snowy trail arm-in-arm. The cold seemed to be nonexistent as they basked in each other's warmth and looked at the woodlands surrounding them.

"I can't believe we were that stupid," said the redhead, Alyssa, as she interlocked fingers with her fiancé, Michael. "Why didn't you slap me across the face when I randomly suggested that sleeping together would be fun and harmless?"

Michael stopped walking, cupping her cold face with a hand. "I couldn't say no to you, Lyssie," he said honestly as he fiddled with a long strand of her hair that was peaking out of her coat. "It was a blessing and a curse, wasn't it?"

"Definitely," smiled Alyssa before leaning in for a brief kiss. Chapped lips met for only a moment before Alyssa began to shiver. "We should head back before it starts to snow harder," she suggested through chattering teeth.

Michael nodded, grabbing her right hand firmly, and led them toward the cabin they had rented to get away from the stress of the wedding.

Michael wrapped an arm around Alyssa's waist as she continued to shiver. He considered giving her his coat, but he knew that she wouldn't take it since he would be cold, which made him smile.

Since they began dating, they had grown so much together. Since the last time they were here, Alyssa had grown into an even more wonderful and caring person than before, and he... Well, he stopped dyeing his hair.

When they reached the front door, he noticed how much the snow had picked up. The flakes had become large and bulky instead of the little flurries they had seen earlier. The forecasted blizzard was about to begin.

Alyssa turned to Michael, her expression silently begging him to open the door as quickly as possible. Michael dug his hand into his right pocket to grab the keys, but there was sign of them.

He checked the left pocket; still no sign.

After he checked every pocket on his being, he looked at Alyssa with wide eyes. "Please tell me you brought your keys with you, Lyss," he groaned as he felt his knees beginning to shake from the cold.

Alyssa's mouth fell open slightly as she quickly dug through her coat pockets. "Mine are inside," she sighed as a chill went up her spine. Her fingers began to hurt as the cold started to take over her limbs. "What are we supposed to do?"

As he watched his petite fiancée shiver in the decreasing temperatures, he got an idea. Smirking, he walked to Alyssa and pressed his lips eagerly on hers, hoping she would get the hint. Alyssa wrapped an arm around his neck shakily, trying to absorb his warmth as much as possible.

Kissing in a snowstorm felt romantic to her; she felt like she was in one of those cheesy Hallmark movie she forced Michael to watch with her when she had the flu last month. When she felt his tongue enter her mouth, however, she realized that romance wasn't what he was after.

"Really?" called Alyssa after she pushed Michael away from her. She crossed her arms as she watched snow fall on his head. "Taking off our clothes in a blizzard won't help either of us, Mike."