How I Feel

This is dedicated to @GeorgiaLovering because she helped motivate me to finish this chapter and because her icon is awesome :)

Alyssa's POV

I open my eyes to the summer sun shining straight into my eyes from the open window. I shut them again, wanting to go back to sleep more than anything. Then, I feel movement under me.

Startled, I jump a little. Someone is laying on me too. I look over to find Luke, his head resting on my stomach. He looks so peaceful and cuddly, like a little kid. The sight is honestly adorable. Luke is a good looking guy, but he's like that little baby brother that you just wanna squeeze to death because he's so adorable.

I turn my head the other way to find Michael sleeping soundly, his arm wrapped around me. I smile, thinking of times we would fall asleep like this when we had sleepovers. It was completely innocent, like it is now. We were eight.

I shut my eyes and listen to the sound of Michael's heartbeat, and move with the rise and fall of his chest. The house is completely silent.

A few minutes later, I hear something drop to the floor, crashing loudly.

"Goddamn, Ashton!" Calum hisses in a whisper that's still loud enough for me to hear. "I said to take the griddle out of the cupboard, not almost drop it on my foot!"

"Sorry," Ashton mutters. I hear a few more doors shut. They must be making breakfast. I lay there for a couple more minutes as Calum scolds Ashton because of his cooking skills. I can't decide if I want to get up, or if I just wanna stay here with my two mates.

Finally, I wriggle myself out of Luke and Michael's grips as quietly as possible. Instantly, as if it's a reflex, they crash together, cuddling. I cover my mouth to stifle a laugh. Part of me wants to take a picture.

I walk over to Calum and Ashton, who are hard at work on some pancakes, and sit on a stool at the island in the kitchen. I watch them as they work diligently. They don't even notice I'm there until Ashton turns around to look at the clock on the telly and locks eyes with me.

"Oh," he whispers. "How long have you been up?"

"Just about as long as you've been dropping shit," I tease.

He sighs and Calum turns around to scold him. "See? I told you someone would wake up!"

Ashton ignores him and goes along with his business, which makes me smile. They act like an old married couple. I hear Calum mutter under his breath, but loud enough for Ashton to hear.

"Amateur." He shakes his head.

I smile and roll my eyes, then glance back at Luke and Michael, still cuddled together.

"Are they cuddling again?" Calum scoffs. "What the hell?! Luke never cuddles with me anymore."

He sits down next to me and pouts, sticking out his bottom lip and crossing his arms. I reach over and poke his squishy cheek.

"Someone's jealous," I say with a small laugh. Ashton laughs at Calum's pouting.

"Am not!" he protests. Ashton and I laugh quietly.

"Ashton doesn't like to cuddle either, so I have no one."

"Well," I say. "I'll be your cuddle buddy." I throw an arm around him and ruffle his hair.

"Thanks, Lyssa," he says. "I know I can count on you."

When the pancakes are done, the three of us dig in. Every bite is better than the last. I should hire Calum to be my chef at my house. The only time Hailey and I cook is if neither of us have to work, which isn't very often.