Alyssa Hart Takes LA

Alyssa's POV

"Your last day is over!" Katherine exclaims, hugging me tightly. "How do you feel?"

"Honestly," I begin. "I'm a bit depressed. I'm gonna miss these kids. I've grown so used to being here."

She pats my back. "It sucks, I know. I've been there. But, I do have some exciting news for you."

"Do tell," I say with a grin.

"I might have recommend you for the opening in March when Gray retires..." she says proudly.

I squeal. "Oh my God! Thank you so much!"

I hug her tightly and continue to scream like a preppy rich girl.

She laughs. "Don't thank me, you deserve it! You'll still have to come in and have a formal interview, but they'll e-mail you or call you when the time comes."

I nod eagerly. "That's great! I'm ecstatic! Thanks again!"

"You're welcome, Alyssa. I hope to be working with you soon," she says with a smile as we walk out the door together.

I race home, and Hailey looks at me in confusion when she sees the wicked grin on my face.

"Someone get laid last night?" she asks. "Oh, that's right, you did."

I laugh. "Uh, it was the day before, actually. But anyway, I might have a job!"

We scream together as we told each other and jump up and down.

"That's so great! Where?" she asks excitedly.

 "Barton!" I squeal.

She hugs me again. "That means you won't have to meet anyone new!"

"I know!" I agree. "I'm so excited!"

She laughs and sets me down on the couch. "Before we can celebrate, we have to talk."

I nod. "I know, I know. It's about Michael. I get it."

"How long has this been going on right under my nose?"

"Uh," I trail off. "I dunno, a month? Month and a half?"

She glares at me. "You didn't tell me this for a month! Does anyone else know?"

"Luke," I mumble quietly.

"WHAT?!" she yells. "What the hell? I thought I was your best friend!"

"You are!" I reply. "Luke just kind of, I dunno, walked in on us one day..."

She turns around and mumbles something before going to her room, slamming the door.

--------------------

The next day, she still isn't talking to me.

I try to press her more and more, asking her irritating questions that I know she would respond to hatefully, but she doesn't budge.

Eventually, she goes to work, still giving me the silent treatment. When she goes, I open the fridge to grab some lunch when I find a note on the milk.

Go to LA right now. My parents are paying for your flight, which is at 2:20. Your money is in your dresser. I better not see you when I get home, Hart. I'm still furious.

-Hailey

"What the hell?" I mutter as I take the note of the milk and run to my room. Sure enough, there's a wad of cash in the top drawer of my dresser.

I hastily throw things in a suitcase and start to text Michael that I'm coming to LA. Suddenly, I stop, getting another idea.

I should surprise him and the boys. But how?