Chapter Six: The Safe House

"We have to find Ultron. Some how!" Steve said to the team. "In case you forgot Steve, you're in no shape to be fighting. We need to hide you somewhere." Tony reminded his husband, who was clearly angry with him. "Shut up for five seconds Tony. That's all I'm asking for right now." Steve said with a growl. Tony kept a straight face and kept his eyes on his hands. Tony zoned out the arguing of the team and focused on his own thoughts. It's his fault. Ultron could kill thousands of people and the blame would be his alone. His team, his friends, his husband, hell his unborn child would never forgive him. He buried his face into his hands and let out a breath he didn't realize he was holding in. Steve's eyes landed on him, and his expression softened. "Tony..." "I'm so sorry Steve... I- I don't know what the hell I was thinking... I'm such an idiot." "That's an understatement..." Natasha mumbled to Bruce and Clint. "Don't say that Tony... Everything will work out in the end. We need somewhere safe." Steve said and closed his eyes to think. "Well... I have a place." Clint spoke up.

     "Where are we?" Asked Tony as they flew over farm fields. "It would easier to get there if you'd stop asking." Clint answered with a sweet smile. Steve snickered and Tony stuck his tongue out at Clint. Steve stood up and winced at his back, and assured Bruce he was fine. He walked over to Tony and took Tony's hand into his. "Steve?" "Hm?" "I'm really... Really sorry about what happened. I messed up." "Stop apologizing. It's ok now. I trust Clint and then we'll be safe to stop Ultron." "We, as in the rest of the avengers because I refuse to let you near any harm. Ultron wants to use you as a weakness. Please Steve..." "Ok, ok. I'll help from afar. But don't think you've gotten rid of me just yet." Steve said and waved his finger at Tony. "One hundred percent onboard Cap." "You better be." Steve said and walked back to his seat.
      "We're here." Clint said to the group and landed the jet. "What is this place." "My farm." Tony snorted as they walked out of the plane and up to the house. "You have a farm?" "Yeah, but that's not all." Clint said and opened the door. "Daddy!" Two voices called and ran to Clint. Tony exchanged glances with Steve, then looked at the little kids. "Uh..." "I offered this place to shield as the safe area. We keep it very hidden from anyone knowing. This is where my family is hidden as well." "I've got nothing else to say." Tony said and followed Clint. Steve heard and crunch and looked back at Thor, who had stepped on a Lego house. Thor pushed the broken house away with his food and looked away, acted like nothing happened.
     Clint was talking to his wife while everyone got comfortable. Steve smiled and watched Clint's kids play with their Legos. "What's that you're building?" Steve asked them and sat on the floor next to them. "A house." Clint's daughter answered. "Mind if I help?" "No. You can play too." The son said with a big smile.
     Tony walked into the living room, only to see Steve telling the two kids stories of the avengers tower. "Daddy did that!?" The son laughed at Steve's story. "Your dad is a goof ball. But he's also amazing at what he does. You two are very, very lucky to have a dad like him. I hope I'll be a good dad like him." "You're going to have a baby of your own?!" The girl asked with amazement in her eyes. Steve smiled and nodded. "Bedtime." Clint's wife said and mouthed a 'thank you' to Steve before walking off with her kids. Steve got up and followed Tony to their room.
     "I lost my abs." "What?" Tony asked his husband as they laid in their provided bed. "Look. My body's changing, and since I'm carrying a baby, I lost my abs." Steve said and showed him. His abs were replaced with a small baby bump that wasn't very big. Tony looked at it, then laid his head on it. "Tony... What are you doing?" Steve asked his husband and ran his fingers through Tony's hair. "Night night babe. I'm sleeping next to Tony Jr." "We are not naming our baby Tony Jr, and what if it's a girl?"
     "Stark family tree says boy first. It's a curse I know. And if Tony Jr doesn't work, he'll be Steve Jr."
     "This baby isn't being named after us Tony."
     "Why not?"
      "Because you're Tony and I'm Steve. It'll be confusing. Let's get some sleep and talk about names tomorrow ok?" Tony nuzzled his face into Steve's stomach and fell asleep.

     Steve sat outside with Tony, as Tony chopped up wood. "Ok... How about Evan?" "Hm... Maybe... Think of something else dear." Tony started chopping another piece and then looked back at Steve. "John?" "It's over used." Chop. "Jack?" "Please no. I've heard that name too many times." Chop. "I've got nothing. I've been through all the names I can think of." "Peter."
    "Huh?" "Peter!" Steve said ask got up. "It's a perfect name Tony! Peter Stark." Tony smiled. "It's got a nice ring to it. Alright, Peter it is. But can I still call him Tony Jr?" "No." "Party pooper." Tony frowned pouted and continued chopping the wood. "We're heading out later tonight to fight off Ultron. You keep your ear piece close and we'll call if we need your help. And for goodness sake do not come for us if something goes wrong." Tony told Steve as they headed inside. "Ok, ok. Calm down. I'll sat right here." Steve said and crossed his fingers behind his back. "Ok. Thank you babe."
     Later that night, Steve snuck onto the jet without anyone knowing. He's still their captain and he wasn't totally out for the count. Yes, this was stupid and safety was important for him, but he couldn't sit out of this. It was in his nature to help people. The jet landed and he heard the avengers exit the plane. His ear piece rang and then he was online. "We've landed Steve. Just filling you in." "Thanks dear. You guys stay safe." Steve said and looked outside. No, he wouldn't come out unless they needed help stat.
      He sat in there, listening to everyone. It seemed to be fine, until he heard ear piece start to cut off. He grabbed his shield and rushed out of the jet and into the building.
     Steve jumped in front of Thor, and blocked him from a hit. "Steven?!" Thor asked in shock. "Wait, what about Steve Thor?! STEVE!" Natasha screamed into the ear piece. "Sorry guys, but this is my job." "DAMNIT STEVE!" Tony yelled but Steve shrugged. "I crossed my fingers." "That's not the point Steve!!" Steve flipped over Thor and rushed around the area. He blocked attacks from the enemies, and hurried along. He looked around, when he heard that rushing sound again. He brought his shield in front of him, only for the sound to stop. Steve looked at over his shield to see the same person that had picked him up. "It's you..." "Hello again.." He smiled and bowed a bit. Steve stood up and slowly circled this person. "Who are you?" "That's not you for to know. Right now your team mates are lost in their own nightmares... And well... You're next. Sorry." The person said before Steve was taken into his own nightmare.
     The person looked at Steve and smiled. "Brother. Let's go." A voice said. He turned and looked at his sister. He nodded and gave one last look at Steve. "See ya sweetheart." He said and rushed off.
      Tony watched as Ultron got away and growled. "Damnit..." "Guys Hulk's out of control!" Natasha called. "I've got him!" Tony said and hurried off.