Chapter Twenty One: Uncle Bucky

Sapphire and Peter laid on the floor of the living room and watched the News. They were talking about how bad Spider-Man and Vibranium were affecting the community. Sapphire rolled her eyes and shut the TV off, and then rolled over onto Peter. "Ah! Sapphire! Get off!" "Nuuuuu...." "Sapphire!!" Peter laughed and tickled her sides. She shrieked out and started to laugh out of control. Steve had walked into the room, and just stood there watching them. A smile sat upon his lips as Sapphire and Peter looked up at him. "Uh... Hi..." They both said. Steve walked over and helped them up, then started to kiss their heads. "Pops!" They both said and laughed. "You two are so adorable!" "You're embarrassing!!" "Then I'm doing my job right. But I have some news." Steve said and let them go. Their eyes looked into his and he smiled. "I have a surprise. Someone special is coming over. Someone you guys haven't seen in a year." Steve said. Sapphire and Peter exchanged glances, then the door bell went off. "Sir, your surprise has arrived." "Thank you Jarvis, let them in." Steve said as the siblings followed Steve to the elevator door. The door opened and their faces brightened up. "Hey squirts!" "Uncle Bucky!" Sapphire yelled out and jumped into his arms, hugging him.
     After Sapphire was born, Steve had Bucky around a lot, and over the years, Bucky bonded with the Stark kids (Sapphire the most).
      "There's my precious jewel. And there's the squirt." "I'm not that short Uncle Buck!" Peter said as Bucky patted his head. "Yeah yeah. So, tell how life is for you two." Buck asked as they walked to the living room. Sapphire went on and on about school, happy to talk to her favorite uncle. Bucky had listened to her, and then listened to Peter as he talked about his life at school.
     "Where did you get the bruise squirt?" Bucky had asked, looking at Peter's arm. Peter looked at his arm, and mentally cursed at himself. He had rolled up his sleeve and didn't even know it. "It's nothing Uncle Buck.." "It's not nothing Squirt. Come here and let me look at it." Bucky told him. Peter got up and walked over to him, and Bucky looked at the bruise. "This isn't just any bruise squirt, how did you get this?" "I fell-" "Peter.." Bucky said in a warning voice. Peter took in a sharp breath, and looked at Sapphire. "If we tell you Uncle Bucky... Can you not tell out parents?" Sapphire asked him. "I keep half your secrets from them. What's more to hide?" "A lot.. Follow us." Sapphire said and lead the way.
      Bucky stared wide eyed at the room that he was lead to. "Are those what I think they are?" "Yeah... We hide them here because pops and dad don't come here." "You two are superheroes without your parents knowing?" "Yeah..." They both said and looked at their feet. "I'm.. Proud and well.. If you two ever get hurt I'll come kick the bad guy's ass if you want." Bucky told them. "You're not mad?" "Hell no. But just don't do anything out of your league." Bucky said and hugged them again, ruffling their hair. "You're the greatest Uncle Bucky!" Sapphire said and hugged him.

     They all sat at dinner with Bucky, laughing at stories of Steve and Bucky growing up. "Pops really slept like that?" "Like a baby." Bucky said as Steve's face turned red. "Shut
up Bucky. You always had a teddy bear that you slept with." Bucky's face went red as Sapphire laughed at his face. Bucky looked at her and flung a piece of potato at her. "It's on!" Sapphire and and started to throw food. Tony ducked under the table and threw food at everyone. Steve laughed as Peter was hit in the face with ketchup.
     The whole dinning room was covered in food, as was everyone else. "I'll start cleaning up while you all go clean yourself's" Steve told them and pushed them out of the dinning room.
      After they were cleaned up, they gathered in the living room and watched a few movies. Steve and Tony smiled when Bucky fell asleep with Sapphire and Peter asleep on him. Steve covered them with a blanket and left with Tony to get a good night's rest.

Authors Note: I always thought Bucky would be a super cool uncle. He's supportive of his nephew and niece, but Steve is gonna kill him whenever he finds out. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter!

ISailEveryShip