Chapter Eleven: A mission from Peter

(Five months later)

     "Peter! Come to daddy!" Tony yelled and chased Peter down, who was refusing to wear a diaper. "Catch me!" "Peter!!" Tony yelled. Steve, who was passing by, grabbed Peter and smiled. "Are you giving your daddy and problem?" "Papa!" Steve smiled as Tony ran over to them, out of breath. He grabbed Peter and puts his diaper on, then his pants. "Every since he found out how to walk... He hasn't stopped moving." "Well that's why we baby proofed the tower, isn't it?" Steve said and watched Peter run off. "This kid is going to make me end up in a wheel chair before my time..." Tony said and cracked his back. "You're not even that old Tony. I'm older than you." "But you're a super soldier!" "Yes, but I'm over 90 years old." "Still beautiful though." Steve blushed and picked up Peter's toys that were scattered around the floor. "Yes well, you'll still be handsome even if you get old." Steve said and walked off. Tony chuckled and smirked.
     Peter sat on the couch of the living room and looked at the TV. When the lights went out. "PAPA!!!" Peter yelled and ran out of the living room. "I'm right here Peter." Steve said and opened his arms for Peter. Peter leaped into his arms, and hid his face. "Tony, the power is out." Steve called. "I figured that out on my own sweetheart!" Tony called back, and then came in with a toolcase. "I'll go see what the hel- heck happened." Tony caught himself and then kissed Steve before walking off. Steve sighed and looked down at Peter. "It's ok buddy.. Daddy's going to fix the lights. Let's go get a flashlight. Ok?" Steve whispered and walked into the kitchen to find the flashlight. He turned it on and held Peter close. "See? It's ok Peter." Steve said and went to set him down. Peter yelped and clung to Steve, tears in the corner of his eyes. "Ok. I'm not going to put you down. How about we go to your room and get a book for papa to read hm?" Steve said. Peter held onto Steve, and hid his face from the darkness of the tower.
     Steve sat in the rocking chair in Peter's room, and started to read to him, when the lights came on. "Look baby boy, daddy fixed the lights." "Daddy!" Peter yelled and ran out of the bedroom. Steve walked out after him, and watched Tony get tackled by Peter. "Whoa!" "Tank you daddy!" Peter said and cried into his chest. "It's ok bud. I'll always be here to help you." Peter nodded and held onto Tony.
     A week later, Steve zipped up Peter's coat. "Now, be nice for Aunt Pepper. And don't cause her too much trouble. Daddy and I will call you every night. Tomorrow you'll come back here and be with Uncle Thor and Uncle Clint." "Come on Steve! We have to go!" Tony called from over by the jet. Steve sighed and looked at Peter. "Hey... Don't look so down.." "Papa... Don't go.." Peter said and hugged Steve. Steve hugged him back and kissed his head. "I love you Peter. Daddy loves you too." Steve said and stood up. Peter waved goodbye to Steve as Pepper picked him up. "Don't worry about us kiddo! We love you!" Tony called before the jet door closed.
     The mission was hard and long. Steve leaned on the wall of the jet and sighed. "Hey." Tony said and sat next to him. "I'm going to call Peter." Steve said and typed into his phone. A bigger screen popped up in front of them so they could both be seen. "Papa! Daddy!" Peter said when he saw their faces. "Hey baby boy! How was your dad with Aunt Pepper?" Steve asked him. "Ice cream!" Peter said and took a bite of his food. Pepper, who was sitting behind him, smiled. "He was great today. We had some Mac n cheese, and then played a few games with Happy. I just now treated him to some ice cream, then it's bed time." Pepper told Steve. Steve and Pepper talked, while Tony and Peter made faces at each other.
     "Anyways, it's bedtime Peter. Daddy and Papa love you." "I wub you papa daddy." Peter said before the call ended. "We'll be home soon Steve." "I know Tony... I'm just worried.." "Don't be. Peter is in safe hands. Now get some sleep." Tony said as Steve's head rested on his shoulder. "Tony?" "Yes Steve?" "Do you every... Want anymore kids?" "Maybe.. Peter's a handful and we should take this slow. Why do you ask?" "No reason dear..." Steve said and fell asleep on his shoulder.
     The next day, Peter sat in the floor of the tower living room floor, coloring on a piece of paper. "Hey little bird, what ya making?" "Papa an' daddy." Peter answered Clint. "Wow, you're amazing at drawing little bird. Did you know that your papa draws?" Peter shook his head and Clint picked him up. "Come on. I'll show you some in his art room." Clint told him and carried him down the hall. He unlocked a door and lead Peter inside. He placed Peter down and let him look around. The walls were painted with different screeners, and he had hand drawn pictures framed in the wall. "Daddy!" Peter said and looked at a picture of Tony that Steve had half painted. Clint smiled and patted Peter's head. "Yep little bird. Your papa loves to draw. And his favorite thing to draw, are people he loves. Like this." Clint said and held up a drawing of Peter. "It me!" "That's right buddy. Now, let's get some dinner." Clint said and picked Peter up again, and locked the art room behind them. "Mr. Barton, master Stark is calling." "We're on our way." Clint told the AI and walked into the living room. "Hey buddy!" Tony said to the TV with a smile. Steve soon sat down next to Tony and smiled at Peter. "Daddy! Papa! Looky!" Peter said and held up the picture he drew. "That's amazing Peter! I'm so proud of you." Steve said with a smile. "Papa and I are coming back tomorrow!" "Yay!" Peter cheered and hugged his teddy bear. "Alright, we have to go now Peter, we love you. Bye!" Steve said before the call went off. "So.... Cake and ice cream for dinner?" "Yes!!" Peter and Thor both said as they followed Clint to the kitchen.

     Peter woke up the next day and climbed out of his crib. He walked out to the living room to see his uncle Clint and Uncle Thor passed out of the couch and floor. "Mr. Barton. The Stark's are landing." Jarvis said, as Clint woke up with a bit of drool on the corner of his mouth. "Thanks Jarvis... Thor and I will be there in a minute." Clint said and whipped his mouth. "Peter? When did you get out of bed?" Clint asked as he kicked Thor in the side, waking him up. "I awake." Peter said and Clint picked him up. "Yes, well let's go meet you dads." "Papa!! Daddy!" Peter said happily as the three of them went to meet the Starks.
     "Peter!" Steve said as Peter ran toward him. Steve met him half way in a big hug and kissed the top of his head. "Oh I missed you buddy.." "I miss papa too!" Peter said. "Hey kiddo." "Daddy!" Peter said and jumped onto Tony. Tony hugged him and placed a hand on Steve's shoulder. "It's good to be home."