7

I think it is safe to come out now. We have been in Cara's underground bunker for hours, and the explosions stopped about an hour ago. Paige woke up a couple minutes ago. "Amanda?" says Paige. I just stare at her, shocked. I never told her my name.

"How do you know my name?" I ask. She looks at me thoughtfully for a minute. Finally, she says," I've seen you in my dreams. In my dreams, I am a baby and you are my big sister. Are you really my big sister?" "Yes," is all I can say.

Cara looks just as shocked as me. How could she possibly have memories of us when she was just a month old? I should be thrilled that she has memories of me, but my brain feels numb. I can't think straight.

"Let's go outside," says Cara, snapping my brain back to the bombing we just experienced. Cara opens the trapdoor to the underground bunker, and Paige and I follow. Her house is mostly rubble now, with gaping holes in the ceiling and the walls. I don't want to see the rest of the town.

Author's note: Thank you so so much if you are reading this! I just wanted to say you are all awesome, and you should check out 'A Middle School Nobody' by farthhamburgers. I really love it and so will you! And also check out all of the books by Layla119. She is an awesome author and I couldn't decide which of her books is my favourite!