35

Boredom and fear have taken over my thoughts. I have just been sitting here, doing nothing but worry for about a day now. A lot can happen in a day. I have seen death and despair and people becoming less like people in just one day.

The man in the cell next to mine told me he's been here for months. He is convinced he has seen more death than any living person, and he probably has. In the one day that I have been here, two people have been shot right outside of their cells to make room for more prisoners. I didn't ask why the man is in this prison, I can only assume he is innocent.

The woman in the cell to my other side just came a few hours ago. She looks to be about twenty years old. She has been hunched up in a ball on the floor since she got here, whimpering and shaking. I can only imagine the horrors she must have faced. I have tried to comfort her, but it is hard considering I have no idea how she got here. I wish there was something I could do, but I probably won't even be able to save my self.

I am probably the youngest prisoner here, next to the boy who is about fourteen I think and doesn't even seem human. He just stares at the wall continuously, barley even blinking. I wonder how much this young boy must have lost to become this way. I wounded who it is that he could not save.

My thoughts drift to Cara and I feel a lump in my throat. She was my best friend, and now she is gone. I don't even want to think of poor little Charity. I couldn't save them, so how am I supposed to keep myself out of danger? If I can't save myself, I can't save Paige. I can't let her down.

Author's note: I just wanted to let you know that I am only going to write about five more chapters and then Forgotten will be finished. I am writing a sequel most likely, but first I am going to write a totally different science fiction book. Also, if you get bored please go check out the amazing books by fourpotatos04 !