9

"It isn't safe here anymore," says Adrian, " We need to leave." Well duh. It was just bombed and the first thing he says is We need to leave. Seriously?

We all pile into Cara's truck. As we leave, I see Eleanor, she is waving to us. That woman is strange, and not in the good way.

Adrian is driving. He says he knows of another safe neighborhood that we can stay at. I still don't completely trust him.

This car ride might be a good time to get some answers. "Exactly how much do you know about what's going on?" I ask Adrian. "Well, I know that aliens are here and they want us dead." I am glad Paige is asleep. "I know that they took over. I know that they tore apart families. I know that you already know this information. I know I can't forget, even though they want me to. And I know that they want everyone who remembers dead." That told me absolutely nothing that I didn't already know.

"Do you know who put my family pictures in my house, or who set up that house for me to live in, or why?" I ask. "You ask a lot of questions," he informs me. "Yeah, and I want a lot of answers," I say back. "Okay. Eleanor put the pictures there, it was a morbid way to welcome you, but she thought it would be nice. And it was Cara who set up the house for you. It was her idea to add an underground bunker and a closet full of weapons and ammo."

"Wait, how come everyone knew I was coming except for me? And how did you know I was coming?" I ask. This time, Cara answers. " Eleanor knows if someone didn't forget their old lives. No one really knows how, it's just something we all kind of got used to."

We pull into a neighborhood that looks even more run down than the one we've been staying in. I don't even know how it is possible for anyone to even live here. The houses all look like they are going to collapse. "We're here," says Adrian.

Author's note: I can't believe so many people have already read Forgotten!!! If you are reading this, you should check out @Layla119 's book Escaping Death. It is super awesome and I know you will love it. :)