The Aluino

"Where...where am I?" Hiccup stood up and grasped the bars of the cage. Five tall burly men stared at him. They didn't look anything like a typical viking should. They wore furs of animals that Hiccup didn't recognize, and they were clean shaved-except for one man. And yet they still seemed viking-like. "What happened?"

"We pulled you from the ocean son," one man said as walked up. He didn't have a viking accent but certain words came out the same way a viking would say it.

Memories flooded back; the storm...the near death experience...the rush of adrenaline...somewhere in the back of Hiccup's mind he loved all of it. "Uh, thank you for saving my life," Hiccup smiled," I owe you...but, uh, why am I in here?"

"Well," the same man stared directly at Hiccup," Let me answer that with my own question. What's a little boy like you doin' with a dragon?"

Hiccup froze. How do these people react to dragons? He looked at the man that stood in front of him. He couldn't tell if he would react positively or negatively. "Uh...well you see..." Hiccup backed up a bit, unsure on what to say," I-" He was interrupted when the man suddenly erupted in laughter.

"Ya don't need to be scared son!" the smiled at Hiccup warmly, "We love dragons!"

"Ahh...y-you do?" Hiccup felt totally confused," When...why am I in a cage?"

The man reached into his pocket ad pulled out a dull pair of keys," Ah that was Brone. He's not fond of dragons or people associated with them." The man unlocked the cage door and let it swing open."My name is Chief Agnus Agni. Welcome to the tribe of the Aluino!"

Aluino? Hiccup had never heard of such a word. "My name is...Hiccup."

"So," Agnus placed a hand on Hiccup's shoulder," Where are you from?"

"We're not going to suddenly act like friends just because you say that they're good."

"Umm..." Hiccup stared at the ground," Well, it...doesn't really matter."

The smile on Agnus' face faded, "Son...did you run away?"

"I dunno if it really was running away or getting chased off," Hiccup sighed. Then he looked up at Agnus," Where is my dragon?"

"He's in the village," Agnus answered.

Hiccup followed Agnus up pa winding path and soon his eyes were met with a beautiful sight. Snuggled in between the base of a huge mountain and white sandy beach was a magnificent village. Three stories tall stone walls hugged the village on every corner. Every building looked as if it was made from the strongest and most beautiful trees around. The village square sat right in the middle with a large, unlit fire pit at it's center. Both people and dragons communed with each other. Some of these dragons were unknown to Hiccup. "Wow..." Hiccup stood there with his mouth opened in amazing.

'Hiccup!'

"Toothless!" Hiccup wasn't sure where his dragon had come from but he didn't have time to figure out before he was knocked down and covered in "dragon kisses". "O-Okay bud!" he laughed," It's good to see you too."

"We thought we lost him for a second," Agnus explained," He swallowed a lot of sea water. He's tough you know?"

"Of course he's tough!" Hiccup hugged his dragon," He's a Night Fury."

"Night Fury!" one of the other men didn't bother hiding his surprise," But we thought they were a myth!"

"Nope," Hiccup said matter-of-factly," Though...he's the only Night Fury I've seen."

"You must tell us all about him!" Agnus roared out in delight,"Join us in the Main Hall!"

"Uh..." before Hiccup could voice his opinion he was being pushed towards the Main Hall, which was at the back of the village.

'This place may not be to bad Hiccup,' Toothless suggested as he followed along.