Hiccup and Astrid

"Stupid! Stupid!" Hiccup called himself. He banged his head on the stone wall a few times then turned around and kicked some rocks. He sat down, "I'm such an idiot..." He raked his fingers through his hair, which was almost to this shoulders. He didn't want to show it...but he was happy to see Astrid. To see that someone was happy to see him. Then he went and lost his temper. It's not her fault...Hiccup thought, She didn't want what happened to happen...did she?

'Hiccup?'

Hiccup looked over, it was Toothless. "I'm an idiot," Hiccup sighed.

'No, your not. Everyone makes a mistake,' Toothless walked over to his friend. He placed a wing around Hiccup reassuringly. Toothless was determined to do something. Even though Hiccup was hating himself at the moment Toothless took it as a good sign. For the past five years Hiccup really hadn't shown any emotion. The first step to happiness is sorrow, Toothless thought, Ah...wait...that gave me an idea! Toothless stood in front of his friend, 'Let's make it up to her,'

"Huh?" Hiccup didn't follow.

'Cheer her up,' Toothless explained, 'She's ridden on a Nadder but not me. I can fly much higher!'

Hiccup felt unsure, "What if she says no?"

'Then we make her get on,' Toothless hoped his friend would agree. But not for the reason one would think. He had a different plan. A plan that would help them both, especially Hiccup. The idea slithered around in Toothless' head. It was so clever the dragon felt like chuckling. But he held it back. This is gonna be fun...for me that is...

"Ah...fine," Hiccup got up and climbed onto Toothless.

Yes! Toothless cheered in his head, Hiccup...I hope you don't hate me too much for this. Toothless ran out of the cave as fast as he could. Then, with a click of the stirrup, took off into the air. They searched for Astrid for a few minutes. 'There she is,' Toothless circled in the air before landing. Astrid was laying up against a rock, her mind was somewhere else.

"Astrid..." Hiccup slid off of Toothless, "Uh...I...I wanted to apologize for what I said. I...I've had trouble with my temper for a while."

Astrid looked at Hiccup, tears still in her eyes, "I probably deserved it in some way."

"No! No! You didn't," Hiccup sighed, "I-Look...Toothless wants to take you for a flight to help you feel better. And...I'm the only one who can fly him...I-If you don't want to I get it."

Astrid looked over at Toothless. The dragon put on his puppy eyes, begging for her to say yes. "It wouldn't hurt," Astrid sat up.

Yes! Toothless cheered, 'Hop on guys.'

"Uh...ladies first," Hiccup helped Astrid onto his dragon. Then he got into position in front of her. Toothless walked a bit until he came to clearing. A grin etched itself onto his face. "So...uh...how's...my dad?" Hiccup asked.

"He misses you," Astrid admitted, "He wants you home. He's changed. He changed for you."

"People are incapable of change," Hiccup said to himself.

I hope that's not true...Toothless opened his wings as much as he could. The two humans on his back paid no attention.

"He has. I promise you,"Astrid begged, "Just give him a chance."

"I dunno. What if he's just fooling the whole village just get me home," Hiccup looked away from Astrid.

"Even if that was what he's doing-which it isn't-why would he go as far as to ride a dragon?" Astrid asked.