Fresh Meal

Hiccup was lead through the main square. He was captivated by the beauty of the area. The perfectly cut wood and stone complemented each building. Hiccup was drawn to one particular building; the smell of freshly made food lingered out of it's main window. It made his stomach growl. "Uh, before I tell you guys about Toothless, do you think I can get some of whatever smells so good over there?" Hiccup asked.

"Well of course you can," Agnus smiled. The kind Chief held open the door.

Hiccup stepped in. Just like on the outside, the inside has been well built and was unlike anything Hiccup had seen. The stone floor was clean and polished, wildly colorful decorations lined the walls on one side, and the big main window let in light on the other side. "Wow," Hiccup stood there; staring.

"I'm guessing you've never seen stuff like this, am I right?" Agnus shut the door behind him, leaving Toothless outside.

"...Never," Hiccup snapped out of the little trance," And...I'm guessing this means that your not vikings."

"Our ancestors are from a place called Spain," Agnus explained," We've been here for around three hundred years."

"Huh, my people have lived where they are for three hundred years too," Hiccup chuckled, "How odd." Remebering Berk brought back the painful memories. Hiccup tried to hide it.

"Rosa!" Agnus called out," Fix my guest here up one of your best meals ever!"

"Just give me ten minutes!" an older female voice shouted back.

"Come," Agnus gestured towards some chairs. They sat down across from one another. "What's bothering you son?"

"Nothing really," Hiccup lied. He glanced over Agnus to the window and saw Toothless sniffing the food that laid out on it ."Toothless no! Don't eat that!"

'Oh sorry..it smells so good,' Toothless backed off.

Angus chuckled," I know that something is bothering you. Don't think you hide it from me! I've got four kids; three daughters and one son. I can tell when somethings wrong. Tell me...at your own pace."

Hiccup sighed, "Well...you see sir, my home isn't as friendly towards dragons like you guys are. In fact, my village is at war with them."

"Now why would they be at war with them?" Agnus questioned.

"Beats me," Hiccup shrugged his shoulders," Anyways. At my village, killing a dragon was everything. And of course different kinds of dragons gave you like a different kind of status. And well..."

"You couldn't kill one?" Angus guessed.

"Yea," Hiccup admitted," I wanted to so bad. To fit in. To...be accepted. Toothless there...I shot him down one night, then I found him in the woods...I wanted to kill him...but...I couldn't. So I set him free. And, to make is shorter, I ended up befriending him and learning that dragons aren't the way we think they were."

"Your village didn't agree with it?"

"Nope," Hiccup sighed," And I didn't really run away. I was chased off."

A few feet away a door opened up and a middle aged woman appeared from a kitchen with a wooden tray full of food. She walked carefully over to her customers. "Here you are. A fully roasted Mutton, smoked Salmon, some bread, and milk."

"Thank you," Hiccup smiled. He picked up a fork and took a bit of the Mutton and his mouth was filled with a wonderful taste." Mmmm...this is really good!" he said with a mouth full.

Rosa chuckled, "Why thank you." She returned to her place in the kitchen.

"I'm glad you like her cooking," Agnus smiled, " She's the best cook here. So, is there anywhere you have to go?"

Hiccup swallowed the food he was eating," Not really..."

"Then stay here!" Agnus offered.

"W-What? Really?" Hiccup was surprised by Agnus' hospitality. "I-I wouldn't want to be a bother."

"No. No" Agnus stood up," I can't just let a young boy like you have no home. It goes against my parental instincts." Agnus smiled. "And your dragon there, Toothless I believe, he will fit right in!"

"Really?" Hiccup sat the fork down," I dunno."

'Hiccup! I may need your help!'

Hiccup stood up and walked towards the window. He peered out and saw his dragon dog piled by at least ten kids, "Uh...you okay bud?" Hiccup laughed. He was surprised by the laugh. That was the first time he's laughed ever since he was chased away from Berk. Hiccup scanned the square. It was so friendly, so peaceful. Hiccup turned back to Agnus," You know. I might just stay for little while."

"Well then...Hiccup welcome to the tribe of the Aluino!" Agnus laughed.