Chapter 22 II Brother!

What do you think about this story? I'd like to hear your opinion. 

_________________________________________________

Rose's POV

Luke and Nimueh were hugging and saying goodbye to each other.

"I will visit, I promise"- Nimueh said. Luke just nodded.

"Come on, we have to go"- I said.

"Why can't I come with you?"- Luke asked.

"It's dangerous, Luke"- Layla said.

"Then you'll need help; I can help"- he insisted.

"Luke"- I just said and gave him the look. He lowered his head and sighed in defeat.

Nimueh gave him one last hug and we left the house. She was wearing Luke's clothes and baseball cap that was covering her eyes. Her hair was gathered in it and it couldn't be seen.

I took her hand and Layla was walking in front of her trying to hide her a bit more. We were walking by some people on the street. They didn't even spare us second glance. I smiled at how easy it went.

Maybe a bit too easy, my inner voice warned me. I shook that thought away.

After the fiasco in the morning, Adrian, Kayden, Layla and I came up with a plan. We told them about the hole in the wall. They seemed surprised and in the same time relieved about that.

We decided that we will bring Nimueh to the hole and they will wait for us there.

We casually walked beside a group of children playing in mud and just when we were going to enter the woods we heard the voice yelling behind us.

At first we started walking a little faster in hope they weren't talking to us, but then we heard their heavy footsteps following us.

"Why can't anything go according to our plan"- Layla said annoyed as we started to run.

The man behind us yelled stop, uttered some pretty nasty curses and then started running after us.

"Agh...Rose... we have a problem"- Layla said as she jumped over fallen tree.

"I know"- I just said quickly glanced back. I wasn't a runner so I was in no shape to run, but regardless of that I continued trying not to think of pain in muscles.

We were getting closer to the wall and I almost felt like we succeeded when Nimueh tripped and fell.

She hissed in pain. I kneeled near her and quickly examined it. Her leg was swollen.

"Rose hurry up, that guy will catch us"- Layla said.

"Can you walk?"- I asked Nimueh trying not to panic.

"I don't think so"- she said sadly. I bit my lip. What should I do?

"Here they are!"- the man yelled to his friend I guess.

I stood up and took Nimueh in my hands. Layla gave me skeptical look and we started running once again.

"Stop or I will shoot you!"- the man yelled.

Layla looked at me and I shook my head. She nodded and we continued. I heard gun shots echoing from behind and hitting a tree nearby. My heart started bumping wildly. They weren't kidding.

"Just few more minutes and we're there"- I tried to reassure Nimueh as she hugged me tighter shaking in fear.

I saw a hole in the distance and smiled in relief. My legs were hurting, but I was still running as fast as I possibly could, trying to dodge trees and their roots. If I fall, I'm certainly dead.