Chapter 34 II Love is a disease

Rose's POV

Parts of concrete blocks were all around me piled up to the fragile-looking ceiling. Slight bumping on the back of my head screamed for attention, but considering that I was in a small space that felt more like a grave than a room, I ignored it. As I watched enormous rocks I shivered. What if Kayden couldn't protect Layla or if Adrian was crushed by one of those boulders?

I shook my head and wrapped my arms around me. I was alone, scared, incredibly cold and I couldn't do anything about it. My bottom lip shivered and tears filled my eyes. I bit that lip and close my eyes.

I won't cry. I just won't. I'm tougher than this.

I cry all the time like a freaking infant. I just don't want to do it anymore. I don't want to be that girl whom everyone secretly hates for being a crybaby as she faces Every Little Obstacle.

Today is a crappy day. Whatever. I won't think about it.

Now, let's be productive.

So, I need a way out.

I got up and started pressing random parts of wall made of fallen rocks to the side that looked a little shakier hoping to move it away. At first nothing happened, but then I succeeded to move a small rock. It seemed to glide towards the inside of the wall so I pressed it with more force and it just went through. I laughed at my achievement and the rest of the rocks fell down. I took few steps back as the wall, or whatever that was, finished with crumbling.

I hid my eyes behind my hands to protect them from dust.

When I finally heard that it was over I looked up.

I frowned disappointed.

There was nothing, just more ruins.

"Really?" I yelled at no one in particular, squeezed my jaw and angrily moved away that stray lock of my hair. I am as always incapable of doing anything smart. What was I hoping to achieve by this? I obviously wasn't thinking; I just did anything to get myself from ugly thoughts – just like a child I was. Of course those actions just made it harder to breathe nothing more and nothing less. Only thing I could've gotten by this was an injury or even...

"Rose", I heard a muffled voice behind a wall of rocks that cut off the lesson I was mentally giving to myself.

I startled and forget to breathe for a moment. I gaped like a fish at the side of wall that just collapsed and started calling my name. After I pulled myself together, I took few steps towards it. I listened closely to hear something else to make sure I haven't imagined it, but unfortunately only thing I could hear was my heart beating like crazy.

"Who is there?" I asked.

No one answered. I repeated the question, but a bit louder now and waited.

"Mov...way", voice said. I did as I was told.

Loud smash could be heard and the dust flew from the wall. A moment later there was another one and another one.

Silence.

I frowned.

Just as I was about to go and check, stronger strike knocked the wall down.

A cloud of dust filled the space I was in and I couldn't see anything. The air seemed so thick that it was impossible to see or to breathe without taking in an enormous amount of dust. I coughed and waved in front of my face trying to purify it. I blinked a few times until I could somewhat see who is in front of me.

"Adrian?" I asked not really sure. He nodded. Of course it was him. Who else it would be? I frowned.

"Are you okay?"