Chapter 42 II Trix

Kayden's POV

The redhead fell on the ground with a loud thud and hit the wall as she rolled away. Blood kept seeping from her nose and cut on her lip. That red liquid, so incredibly similar to human fluid of life, made her hair stick to her face in very unattractive way. I noticed that some of it was on my gray jeans.

Great, now they are ruined. I sighed at that thought.

I walked slowly towards her rubbing my knuckles. Her glowing brown eyes radiated with fear. That was more than expected after more than an hour with me. Actually I was impressed that she withstood that much. She was one of the tough ones.

"Get up, Trix", I said gently.

She shivered and tried to move as far away from me as it was possible. I clenched my jaw and felt my eyes glowing harder.

"Get up!" I yelled and she closed her eyes and put her hands over her head.

I took a few big steps and raised her by her throat. She squirmed and started wildly swinging with her legs through the air. Her bloody hands scratched my arm trying to break her throat loose from my grip.

"Open your eyes", I whispered as I pinned her on the wall. She was gasping for air and trying weakly move my hand in the same time. Despite that she listened to me and opened her eyes. I stared at them for a moment and slowly tilted my head.

"Where's your boss?" I asked while I eased up my grip. She started to turn purple and I definitely couldn't let her be suffocated without giving me required information.

She coughed and I removed my hand completely from her bruised neck. As she tried to catch a breath, I crossed my arms on my chest. She looked up with red but determined eyes.

"What if I don't tell you?" she asked with her croak voice looking bravely in my eyes. I smiled.

"I'll kill you"

She gulped and took a deep breath.

"You can't do that", she shook her head, "you would fell out of King's good grace"

I smiled and took a step towards her. She started shaking while looking at me with widened brown eyes, but she stayed on her spot. I reached and removed the lock of her blood-red hair from her face. She couldn't help herself not to yelp quietly. I shushed her and looked at her gently. She looked like a beaten up puppy.

I leaned in and she stiffened.

"I can do whatever I want, Trixy"

She shivered and looked away. I could see she was thinking fast, trying to find another way out – she was a warrior puppy in the end; I wouldn't expect any less than that. A moment later, her gaze focused on the ground as she exhaled.

"Then get over with this already, I'm not telling you a thing", she said fiercely.

"Are you sure you want to die for such an insignificant piece of information?"

She took a few deep breaths.

"I will be killed anyways", she said, "It's better to die for a cause than like a traitor...so do it"

I laughed viciously and her breathing accelerated. She was so confident in the beginning, but now she learned the hard way that sometimes rumors are true. I am essentially noting more than very rebellious and very strong-headed psychopath.

"Oh, you poor, poor little creature" I said as I pulled her by the hair roughly. She whimpered and fell on her knees.

"If you are to be killed by me", I said in deep voice, "your death shall be legendary"