Chapter 46 II Common sense

Kayden's POV

High pitched tone, sounding like an eco heard from the dark well, slowly intensified until it was so loud to pierce my ears. It wasn't going to end, I had to make it stop - I had to, but I couldn't move. Smell of the chemicals made chills run down my spine.

I open my eyes looking straight ahead into the blinding brightness feeling dizzy.

In a few moments that took me to come to my senses, all the memories of awakenings like this passed before my eyes. I blinked it away.

There was something on my face. I had to take it off. It wanted to suffocate me. I raised my hand but it was linked to something. I looked down seeing tubes driven through my skin hooking me to an enormous machine that was making all that noise. My heart was beating like a crazy wounded beast wanting to rip open my chest that was fighting so hard to breathe.

I felt tightness in my throat and cold sweat dripping down my face as I lifted the other shaking hand up. Needles, tubes, machines, going in or out made my stomach rise up.

I sat up abruptly feeling terrible pain in my chest that pushed out the little air I was able to take in. I coughed instinctively, feeling blood flood my mouth again. Hot flashes worsened the headache and the throat was getting as soar as the sandpaper.

Get it out. Get it out. Get it out.

Beeping, chemicals, brightness – it was driving me insane. I wanted to yell, scream, but I felt like I was under water – slowed down, muted, helpless.

Out. Out. Out!

I ripped out the machine in my nose and threw it as far as I could, tearing the tubes out of my skin in the process. Warm blood ran down my hand as I swung my legs off the bed.

The door opened and an army of people dressed in white came rushing in. I could only distinguish shapes and colors as everything was blurred. I knew I couldn't stay here, not for a minute longer. I jumped down and felt cold hands on my forearms.

All my senses were overwhelmed and I felt as though my head was going to burst into a million pieces.

I ripped away my bloody arm and pushed the other person away. I heard them saying something as I was leaving, but I couldn't make out the words. I just had to get out of there.

Another hand on my arm.

"Leave me", I shouted and pushed them away again with all the strength I had left and ran away. My lungs were on fire and I couldn't breathe. Everything hurt and all I saw were the white walls closing in on me.

The doors in the distance felt like an oasis in a desert. Just a few more seconds and I was out of the hellhole.

The sun blinded me and I fell down on my knees. All I wanted was to breathe, but every time I tried I felt blood bursting out. I looked at my hands covered in red liquid and the whole world started swaying around. My head hit the hard concrete.

Before I passed out I saw familiar glowing green eyes looking at me with concern.

***

Electricity.

I shoot my eyes open once again and blinked away the blinding brightness seeing outlines of my own room. I squeezed my hand feeling electricity crawl through my body sobering me up a bit. I took a deep breath. No pain. Why was there pain?

"So you're not dead, darn it", I heard ringing in the background.

My mind was cloudy. I couldn't think straight. What happened?