Chapter 45 II Earthly

Adrian's POV

I was walking through the woods headed to the region without a specific plan of remaining unseen. It looked like a good idea at first, but as I entered I figured it was actually quite a rush decision.

I seem to make a lot of those lately.

The train of thought was interrupted by a noise not far away. I slowed down and listened walking quietly through the gray looking grass.

"I don't seem to do anything right", the voice I was so eager to hear said, but the way that words were uttered frightened me making me feel a weird sensation. I rubbed the middle of my chest and walked slowly towards the voice. Among the slim trees I saw the strawberry blonde locks surrounding angelic face that held all the sorrow I heard just a few moments ago.

And I felt so much.

Unnatural.

Foreign.

"Rose", the words left my mouth. Her gaze found mine and I saw her eyes brighten up. She ran in my arms and as soon as my skin touched hers I felt at home. I closed my eyes and she snuggled closer. I frowned.

"You're stone cold, Rosy", I said taking her face in my hands. She was pale with purple bags under her eyes. Her lips were light pink instead of their natural red color, but her eyes were shining and not just because of our touch, but in some other way. I hugged her tighter and kissed her forehead wondering how I am ever going to leave after this.

"What..." I started but, out of nowhere, Kayden cut me off with his blabbing. I almost forgot about him, but that couldn't be tolerated as the little diva always had to be the center of all events. I glared at the Birdbrain as he grinned and walked off. I shook my head and returned all the attention to my girl ruffling her hair as she smiled.

"Your smile is heavenly, Angel", I whispered in hear ear feeling her shiver. She clenched the material of my shirt pulling me closer and looking up.

"I missed you", she said quietly. I smiled and kissed her nose making her giggle. The sound of her voice, her smell, beat of her heart, her tender touch...all of it – that was my drug. I've lost sight of everything I came here to say. There was her and only her. My thoughts confused me, so I took a step back looking around. Kayden was gone along with the little brunette. Well, she was old enough to take care of herself.

I looked back at Rose as she took off the winter jacket and a hoodie she had underneath leaving her in thin white shirt loosely hanging on her small shoulders. I blinked a few naughty thoughts away and focused on her face. Her eyes were faintly glowing and she was blushing. I tilted my head wondering if I imagined her sick before. I took her hand.

She read confusion on my face. "Something weird is happening", she said and took a step toward me. We intertwined our fingers and she focused on them as I looked at her glowing eyes. All of this would be so much easier if they glowed all the time. She looked up and cupped my head with her other hand. I leaned in.

"Aren't you cold?" I asked squinting my eyes trying to read her face full of emotion. She let her hand fall from my face on my shoulder and smiling sadly.

"Something weird is happening, Adrian", she repeated and started making little circles with her thumb on my shoulder, "I can't describe it, but it's not...like..."

She looked away struggling to find the right words. I placed my hands on her waist and pulled her closer. She moved her hand slowly from the shoulder to the back of my head and looked up at me climbing on her toes. As I lowered my head she closed her eyes. I lightly brushed my lips upon hers. Our noses were touching and I gripped her waist.