Chapter 30: Birthday Girl

Luna's POV

I'm awoken by the sound of someone struggling against my doorknob. I rub my eyes with my fists before opening them and letting them adjust to the light. I sit up to see Zayn open my door, a tray in his hands.

"I thought you'd like breakfast in bed." He smiles when our eyes make contact.

I sit up, still groggy with my silk bonnet on. He sits on the end of the bed, and balances the tray over my lap. A glass of orange juice along with buttered toast, a few sausages, some hashbrowns and a fried egg sit on the tray, on a white porcelain plate.

"You can't cook to save your life, so who did this?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

"You seriously doubt me that much?"

"Yeah, pretty much."

"Fine, I woke up early and popped round a cafe." He leans over me and lowers his lips down on to mine, kissing me briefly but sweetly.

"Happy birthday, Luna."

When I first came here, I had no idea I'd be spending my nineteenth birthday away from home, nor did I think I'd be so OK with it. My birthdays in the past have never really amounted to much, usually, I just order a pizza with Zoey and Tiago, and we all watch a movie together, though I feel today will be significantly more eventful.

I smile "Thank you, but I really would rather have woken up in bed next to you."

"Well, that can be arranged." He smirks.

I shuffle over and he peels the covers back, sliding in next to me. I take a sip of the orange juice.

"What time is Zoey getting here?" I ask, remembering their agreement to split the day.

"She said to message her the moment you woke up."

I look over at my phone on the bedside table, which has tens of notifications, a couple from my dad and Tiago, mainly from Zoey. I lift the tray from my lap, placing it on the floor.

"Not hungry?" Zayn frowns.

"I can eat when Zoey gets here, I can't do this when she gets here."

I turn, lifting my hips and straddling his lap, mounting him. I pull my bonnet off, letting my hair fall past my shoulders. Zayn's hands immediately find my bare stomach, gripping the sides of my ribcage underneath my bralette. I lean down and kiss him, biting his bottom lip and pulling it gently. I immediately feel the bulge in his shorts harden beneath me, fingers crawling up the back of my neck to keep me close to him as he slides his tongue past my lips. I grind my hips down onto his, and he pulls back to let out a moan, quickly reattaching his lips to my neck while he frees my breasts from my bra.

"Fuck, Zayn." I throw my head back as he begins to suck on my nipple, my own fingers digging into his shoulders.

But he soon drops it from his mouth, much to my disappointment. I whine, looking down at him with a pout.

"Why'd you stop?"

"I want to talk to you, about what you said yesterday in Tyler's room."

Oh. Don't do that.

"You said that you wanted me to take your virginity."

God, Zayn, don't bring this up.

"I just... Luna, I'd love to fuck you, honestly, but I want you to know I wouldn't have done it there, not like that." He shakes his head, a hand on the small of my back stroking my skin gently.

I wince at his words, but try to hide my surprise. I honestly thought he would take any chance he could get.

"You always say fuck." I frown.