Chapter 31: Pillow Talk

Luna's POV

A long finger stroking my cheek rouses me from my sleep, but the room is still dark. Basement room, I remind myself, no windows to indicate a time of day. It takes my eyes a second to adjust, fixating on the faint outline of Zayn's face across from me, and I can make out a lazy smile.

"Morning."

"Mor-" I'm cut off by a yawn as I attempt to greet him "Is it even morning?"

"Oh, right." I hear his weight shift and I lose the sight of his face into the darkness of the room, the lamp on the bedside table flicks on, the same one he had on last night. It bathes his features and he turns back to me "I forget not everyone has supernatural vision."

I roll onto my back, stretching my limbs outwards until mutliple joints around my body click.

"You OK?" He reaches out, placing his hand onto my stomach, a finger drawing circles around my belly button "The magic of the night hasn't worn off and left you with regrets, has it?"

I loll my head in his direction, admittedly giddy seeing the way he's nervously chewing his bottom lip.

"You shouldn't joke about magic when you're literally magic, send the wrong message." I wrinkle my nose at him teasingly.

"The novelty, then." He corrects himself.

"I'm fine, Zayn, I'm happy."

He sighs, relief filling the place of the nerves melting away from his face.

"Are you OK?" I counter.

"I woke up next to a very beautiful - very naked - woman." He scooches over to me, kissing me slowly " I couldn't be better."

I roll my eyes, sitting upward and brushing my frizzy hair back out of my face. Sex hair. I reach up to the ceiling, straightening my spine, letting my back click a few more times before sliding my legs over the edge of the bed, feet coming into contact with the grey carpetting.

"Don't go, not yet." He reaches out to me, catching onto my arm.

"I just want to put some clothes on."

"I was hoping we'd stay naked all day."

I laugh, shaking his grip from me and standing, walking over to his chest of drawers and studying the photo on his dresser again. He looks very familiar with the woman on his arm, but I brush the nagging feeling of jealousy aside. It has no place here, in the room where we shared the intimacy of the previous night. I spin on my heels.

"When did you tell Loki to come back?"

"Never." He quips "But he only agreed to clear off for the night, so I imagine he's crawling out of a woman's bed right now and will be back soon."

"That's a shame." I pout "I was thinking kitchen island sex seemed like a good way to burn off calories from whatever breakfast we have."

He smirks, shaking his head "I know I should say let's learn to walk before we can run, but the idea of bending you over right now, while I'm looking at you... like this. Jesus."

"Mmh." I hum, crawling back onto his side of the bed, sat beside him, his large hand immediately stradling my stomach to grab my hip "Can we just spend the entire day in here, please? I don't fancy running into Loki."

"Sure. We can watch one of your stupid TV shows, we can maybe..."

His fingers dip between my legs, parting my thighs with his cold palm, but he freezes, nostrils flaring. I look down to see what he's fixated on, and catch on to the faint red pattern painted on my inner thigh. It's only tiny, barely noticable but I try to clamp my legs together regardless, embarrassment settling in, face burning red. Zayn's free arm grips the duvet next to him and peels it back, revealing the matching red stain where I had been laying, disrupting the clean white waves of the sheets.