The Accident

(AN: I hate author's notes, but I would just like to say that this is my very first story, so please don't judge to harshly.)

(PS: this story gets so much better, so if you pull through the first few cringe chapters, I pinky swear that the plot and writing gets a thousand times better.)

     Chapter 1: Percy POV

Today was supposed to be a good day, but then again, when have I ever had it easy?

I was mentally exhausted from teaching the new campers, I mean who wouldn't be when hyper children bombard you with questions every two seconds! They were worse than Nico when I first met him, and that's saying something. They practically worship the ground I walk on, as if I was some insane hero from a book.

But nevertheless, I endured it. I was planning on surprising Annabeth with a picnic on our "spot" on the beach. After Tartar- that place, we needed a break. Nightmares still plagued us every night, causing us to slowly lose our minds. Still, we were happy, and I still had a plan to carry out.

      -I stole Kronos to do this time skip-

"Percyyyyy, where are we going!" A blindfolded Annabeth whined. She had been complaining the entire time about not knowing where we were going. Athena kids are like that I guess.

"I told you, it's a surprise," I retorted, "Besides, I know you will love it."

As we neared the beach, the atmosphere seemed to darken noticeably. I looked over at Annabeth, and I saw that she could feel it too. The air seemed heavier, almost as if it was fog, and as I looked around, there was not a single animal or bug here, or they were just silent.

"Percy, what it that?" Annabeth asked as she took the blindfold off. The entire forest seemed to darken by the second, suddenly forming a black hole in the middle of a large oak tree.

"Percy, this better not be one of your pranks." Annabeth cried. Grabbing my hand, nearly cutting off my circulation.

"Believe me, I have no idea whats going ooooonnnnnnnn!" I yelled as we were sucked in the portal.

The last thing I saw was Annabeth's terrified face as we separated. Then it all went dark.