The Quest

Chapter 14: Percy  POV

I hadn't slept in a week, I was weak, I was awake. The car dropped us off in the middle of nowhere. We walked around for a bit, my arm slung around Annabeth's shoulders. After chilling, we caught the same bus as before. This time I made sure to put Annabeth's hat on before the furies came.

Then it happened, the furies came. I could see them sniffing for me, but I stayed silent. After five dreadful minutes on the bus, I decided to take action. I whispered to my friends,

"Get the windows open and keep all supplies on you, jump on my signal, which is when I yell go."

They nodded obediently and prepared for takeoff.

"Go!" I yelled.

They opened the windows and ran out. I sliced the two minor furies before facing Alecto.

"Tell your master this: I don't have the bolt, as of right now it is being traded by a demigod to a god. If you can figure it out before I come to the Underworld, well... good luck. But know that they also carry the helm as well. Goodbye." I breathed onto Alecto's face.

I then let her go for a second before slicing her in half, dust getting everywhere. The passengers didn't bat an eye towards what had just happened. I then jumped off of the bus, landing gracefully.

"Hey guys, wait up!" I cried.

Grover looked at me with wide eyes,

"H-how did you do that! You just defeated Hades most trusted servants in a minute without a scratch!"

"Um... it was easy? They just got really scared." I said with confusion.

"Yeah it was only a few furies, no biggie." Annabeth said.

Grover started to hyperventilate, and eventually fainted. Yes you heard me, fainted. We had to drag him to Medusa's lair place where we used the same excuse. But this time we left Grover outside, he is a horrible liar.

"Ah, children, where are your parents?" Medusa asked.

"We are orphans in the circus, and we lost our ring leader, and is that food we smell?" Annabeth said smoothly.

"Of course, you must be starving, come in, come in." She smiled.

We slowly walked into the emporium, weapons in hand. We scarfed down the food, even though we knew it was drugged, just to keep the act up. Medusa the said,

"Ahhh, come here and take a picture, won't you? I don't get visitors often."

"Um, not thanks Medusa, we are not that stupid. Now just give up already unless you want a slow and painful death." Annabeth smiled.

Medusa froze, ironic right? We ran up and sliced her head off before she could take off her veil. We took the reward and mailed it, again, and then took some money and souvenirs.

"Let's go." I said.

"K." Annabeth said quickly.

We ran out to see Grover, but what did we find?

A unicorn. A freaking unicorn. Snuggled against Grover.

I almost said something, but Annabeth covered my mouth. My giggles were muffled in her hand, making me look crazy.

"Umm, this isn't what it looks like." Grover bleated.

"And I'm going to hope that this is just a dream, because my eyes are bleeding!" I screamed.

We all started screaming and laughing, this was one for the record books. Once we all settled down, we started to go to our next destination. Grover was pestering us about how we defeated Medusa and how we knew that she was in there. Once we brushed him off, he just stalked ahead, with a sarcastic huff.

"Come on Grover, just trust us!" I said.

"I would if you would stop keeping all these secrets!" He yelled back.

I sighed in defeat, almost giving up. But I trudged forward, looking over the horizon.