The Murder

Chapter 17: Annabeth POV

After that quick meeting, we all flashed back to camp. I was so scared, we had to kill Luke, Kronos and Gaea, who all were nearly impossible to kill with the entire camp!

"Annabeth, you ok?" Percy asked with a worried expression.

"Ya ya." I said, completely out of it.

Percy gave me a concerned glance, but didn't press anything as he walked away, leaving me to my own thoughts.

I couldn't do this.

I couldn't kill Luke.

They can't make me.

I will not.

I will not.

Never.

But those were just words. I still had to somehow do the deed, and maybe just maybe, there was a loophole. Maybe we could un-brainwash Luke and all live happily ever after. There is always a possibility that he isn't corrupted yet.

I ran to his cabin where I found him waiting for me with a scowl on his face, "How could you do this to me Annie? I thought that I could trust you!"

Tears threatened to spill out of my eyes as I gave a mute whimper in response. I know that I put up a wall that makes me seem strong and like I can do anything, but I can't do this. I can't kill my best friend since I was seven, even if he did betray me. Not in cold blood. Not like this.

I ran out as fast as I could, pushing campers out of the way as I headed towards the beach. I was alone, or at least I thought that I was. I heard Chiron come up behind me as he said, "Annabeth, what wrong dear?"

That's when the waterworks started. I sobbed until there was nothing left, looking like a child.

"I can't do this Chiron, I can't kill Luke."

He chuckled, "My dear, you don't have to kill him. The fates are taking care of him, you and Percy just have to defeat Kro- my father and grandmother."

I sighed in relief as I stood up and wiped the tears away, "Thank you."

I rushed back to camp where I found Percy chowing down on some blue cookies, looking like a complete idiot. I laughed to myself and walked up to him.

"Guess who?" I asked while covering his eyes with my hands.

"Umm.... Rachel?" He joked.

"Haha, very funny." I fake frowned, sticking out my bottom lip.

Percy sat up and said, "I have good news."

"And what is this good news?" I smirked.

"Kronos is crossed off the list." He replied giddily.

"How?" I questioned. This day was getting better and better!

"With Luke in the Fates possession, Kronos has no servants or host, making him vulnerable and useless."

"That's good."

"Yes." 

The conversation thankfully wasn't awkward at all, in fact it was very comfortable. We both just laid there, back to back in a comfortable silence.

"What about Gaea?" I whispered.

"I don't know. She has already awoken the giants and has power since the 80's." He responded.

"Wait." I said.

"Wait what?"

"What about camp Jupiter?" I said abruptly.

"What do you mean wise girl?"

"We need the rest of the seven to defeat Gaea, but only Jason is probably familiar with this world." I cried.

"Well maybe-"

"Task five will be introducing the camps by the way. We realized that you will never know about the other camp without the war, and since you are defeating Gaea now, there will be no war." The Fates smiled before they shot away.

"We are almost done, then we can go home." Percy sighed.

"Yes, then we can go home." I repeated.