The Enchilada

Chapter 16: Percy POV

It was nearly impossible to wake Grover up from his slumber. His constant bleating and belching was bad enough, but what really threw us over the edge was his sleep talk.

"Grover, wakey wakey." Annabeth cooed as she shook him. She did this on repeat for a while, and it was getting so annoying!

"Annabeth, this isn't going to work." I finally said after a few minutes.

"I know Perce, but what else can we do?"

That's when it hit me. I got up and ran to the nearest taco truck, ignoring the weird looks that I got from Annabeth.

"One jumbo enchilada, everything on it." I ordered with a smirk on my face.

The server reluctantly gave me the food after I paid, but went back to work after I left. I skipped back to Grover and set the enchilada right in front of his nose.

"Food," Grover moaned, "need food."

He slowly sat up, peeling his eyes open. As soon as he saw the food in front of him, he gasped and chowed down.

"Fank ou sew munch!" He exclaimed with his mouth full. We all laughed at his hilarious accent, grateful for having a moment like this within all of the chaos.

"So is it true? Are you really from the future?" He asked curiously, remembering the last conversation we had.

"Yes, one random day when we were out on a date a huge black hole opened and sucked us in, stranding us here. The fates are now giving us five tasks, three of which we have completed, to be able to go home." I explained.

"That's believable enough for me." Grover said shaking his head. We then headed back to the train, taking it to Denver, where we knew Ares would be.

"Annabeth, why are we going to Denver?" Grover asked.

"Well, last time that we did this quest, we met up with Ares who gave us the lightning bolt after we got his shield from the stupid theme park. So now we just have to redo that, but instead of going to the Lotus Casino, we are going straight to Olympus." She answered.

"Wait, why aren't we going to the underworld?"

"It wasn't Hades who took the bolt, it was Luke who is serving Kronos. And since his helm is missing, we can just invite him up to Olympus since the Gods are scared of us as of right now."

Grover looked a bit shaken by that sudden news flash, but shook his head to show that he understood. We all sat in an uncomfortable silence for the next few hours, fidgeting with every little thing until the train suddenly screeched to a halt as the speakers blasted the next few stops.

"This is us!" Annabeth said, her forehead scrunching up. We all filed out and headed for the carwash and diner.

"Ok we have to IM Luke quickly, so don't freak out." I said calmly.

Annabeth threw a drachma into the mist that I created and Luke's face suddenly popped up.

"Hey guys, how is the quest going?" He said cheerily, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Amazing, for my first quest it is so much FUN!" Annabeth squealed.

"That's great! Hey Perce, how are the shoes holding up?"

"They are doing great, they've been very handy, thanks for asking."

"Well I've got to get going, camp needs me, bye!" Luke said before swiping away the connection.

"That was so fake!" Annabeth grumbled.

"I know babe, we just have to push through." I said as I smiled and rubbed her shoulders.

We then proceeded to the diner where Ares approached us. We had the same exact conversation as before, and was able to get the deal out of him.

"So are we going to the tunnel?" Grover asked.

"Yes but I have a better idea that doesn't involve the s-word."

As we neared the tunnel, I could feel the water coursing through my veins. I summoned a little water fist and retrieved the shield with no problem.

"All done." I said as I caught the shield.

Grover and Annabeth smiled the entire way back as we traded the backpack for the shield.

"Any problems along the way?" Ares smirked.

"Nope, it took about three seconds." I replied.

Ares frowned, but said nothing as he flashed back to Olympus.

"We did it!" I said, hi-fiving Grover.

We all exchanged a looked as we flashed to Olympus courtesy of mwa.

"Ok, got your bolt." I said, walking up to Zeus.

I pulled the helm and bolt out of my backpack, and handed them to Zeus, "Now you have to give this to Hades, cause he lost this as well."

Everyone was dumbstruck, as I skipped back to my place before the council.

"So you stole my bolt?" Zeus thundered.

"Nope, that was Luke. Luke Castellan, son of Hermes, though he was under Kronos's influence." I said.

Hermes frowned, while the entire council looked shocked. We took a step back as Zeus yelled, "What did you say?"

"Well Kro-" I began.

"Wait wait wait!" The fates cried as they flashed into the room, "you can't explain it like that!"

"Why not?" I frowned.

"Remember we erased their memories, so this will make no sense to them!" They said, perfectly syncopated.

"So what do you want us to do?"

"We want you to go on to your next task."

"And what is that task?"

"Well-"  Clotho started.

"We want you to defeat Kronos and Gaea before they rise as your fourth task." Atropos finished.

"Done." I snarled, reminiscing the awful memories.