The Allies

Chapter 18: Percy POV

I waved my last goodbye to the camp as Annabeth and I headed to Camp Jupiter. They all thought that we were just going on some small quest because it was just us two, but little did they know that we were tasked with making amends in one of the longest grudges to ever exist.

"Perce, stop waving to your fans!" Annabeth scolded playfully.

"Shut up." I said, red as a tomato.

We had just finished walking to the portal in the woods that Ellen had made, and I sucked in a breath. It looked exactly like the portal that took us here, but that had to just be a coincidence. We exchanged glances as we took a step towards the death hole.

"On three?" Annabeth asked.

"On three."

We started to count, "One, two, THREE!"

I squeezed my eyes shut, not sure what to expect. I mean, our portal experiences haven't been all unicorns and rainbows so far. Thankfully it was over in a split second, as the air spit us onto the hill where I had fought the gorgons.

"Where are we?" Annabeth asked, as I realized that this place was unfamiliar to her.

"Well, down that hill is the camp, and let me say, I am NOT sliding down with a cheese platter." I smiled, reminiscing the memories, "Rest in peace panda pillow pet."

Annabeth shot me confused look, and I burst out laughing. I'm not joking when I say that I fell down clutching my stomach, and rolled off the edge of the hill. I was only somewhat aware that I was headed towards a busy highway, but I pulled myself together as I stopped myself from rolling. I stood up only to see Annabeth charging down the hill, full speed.

"Look out!" She cried as she smashed into me.

We tumbled down the rest of the grassy hill, and when we finally screeched to a halt, we were covered in grass.

"You idiot! You got me all dirty!" Annabeth cried, slapping my arm. If you've never been slapped by Annabeth before, let me be the first to say that it hurts like Tartarus.

I grudgingly stood up, and helped my "oh so helpless" girlfriend up after me. We trudged unwilling to the entrance, and were (unsurprisingly) stopped by some guards.

"Who are you and what business do you have here?" The dark skinned boy asked.

"Were here to see your leaders, they are expecting us." Annabeth said in a monotone voice.

"And why are we supposed to believe that?" The girl with the bone white hair asked with a frown.

"Well you could just fight us, or you can choose to believe that we have to meet Renya and Jason." I smirked.

"I think that a fight is in order then. Follow us, and if you win, you can talk to them." The girls said.

"And if you lose, it's off with your head." The boy grinned.

I followed them to the lake, but then stopped abruptly, "So where are we fighting?"

"The arena, the whole camp can watch your sorry ten year old butt get kicked." The boy said.

"Wait!" Annabeth yelled as they started wading in the river.

"What!" They both said in sync, turning around.