Chapter 2 ~The Arrival~

The ship continued to fly through space till the captain said through the intercoms, "We're now landing on LV-426." Joseph nodded and yelled, "Alright ladies, beside your seat is an oxygen mask, you know what to do!" Everyone started to grab the mask and put it on. Becca was the first one to finish putting on and decompressing the oxygen mask. Soon we felt the ship land and we all stood in a line. Some took out rifles, others took out flamethrowers and revolvers, and Joseph held out the tracker. When the door opened we ran out seeing a waisted dark planet.

          We ran in a line as Joseph tried to get a reading from the signal. Soon he told us to stop and he turned toward a passage of rocks and dust and he said, "This way." Instead of running we walked since the trail was thin and near a few cliffs that could easily kill you if you fell. We walked for what seemed like hours till someone spoke up, "What the hell is that?"

         We all looked toward the direction of the man's sight and we gasped and looked at awe. A large ship was towering over us. It looked like it was abandoned for a long time. "The signal is coming from inside." We all started to walk toward the ship as the tracker beeped here and there. A man Becca learned to be Max yelled to us, "Hey guys! I found an entrance!" We walked over to him and saw a tunnel that lead inside. "Okay let's move, but be careful."

        We walked inside as five soldiers shined flashlights down the tunnel. Becca looked around seeing the walls covered in years of dust and rust. But soon the walls started to end till we walked in a huge room. "What happened here?" The room was dark and the ground was covered in mist. But what stood out the most was a giant thing in the middle of the room. "Whatever it is, it's been dead a long time." We climbed up to the object shining our flashlights at it.

           "You guys look around while me and Becca look for the signal." Joseph said as Becca walked beside him as they ascended toward the direction of the signal. "Getting any readings?" Becca asked as they walked down a tunnel. "Yeah, and it's getting stronger, we're getting close." We walked through the tunnel as the signal got stronger till it went out of control. "There it is."

         Becca looked forward seeing the generator. Joseph step toward the machine and pushed a few buttons disabling it. "That should do it." We nodded as we turned around heading back toward the group. As we climbed down back into the room we saw everyone circled around something. "What is it?" Becca asked and the only girl solider known as Kat said, "Max and Roger fell down into a hole and said they found something." Joseph looked down seeing a deep long hole into the ground. "Who's going in?" "I will." Becca said as she connected a harness to herself. "Alright but be careful down there." Soon the rope was thrown into the hole as Becca climbed in and ascended into the dark.