Chapter 10 ~Meeting It~

Becca woke up with a huge headache and she groaned and held her head with one hand as her eyesight came back to her. "Ugh, what happened?" That is till everything came back. She gasped and frantically looked around seeing she was in a vent but it was big enough for her to bend over in. She was sitting on a pile of cloths and trash covered each corner but what she noticed first was what was on the walls. Blood.

         Her breathing patterns became short and she slowly got up in her feet knowing she had to get out. Then she remembered, her walkie talkie. She checked her shirt pocket but it wasn't there. She looked all over the vent but it wasn't there. "Shit." She was about to get back up till she heard something nearby. It was in the vents.

         She quickly looked for a way out but the only way was where the noise was coming from. She looked for any kind of weapon but didn't see anything. But she thought she saw a gun and she turned her back bending down but before she could see it she felt air on her back. She stopped and slowly turned around seeing a large black figure towering over her looking down at her.

          She gasped and widened her eyes as she fell down and backed up to a corner. The figure looked like a monster from nightmares. It was solid black and was taller than me even in the vents not counting how tall it it is standing up. It had a large head and what looked like an exoskeleton covered it's body. It had a long tail that had a sharp spear at the end that looked like it could kill someone. But what caught her attention the most was that it had no eyes.

         She watched as the creature looked at her but it didn't try to kill her like it did with Kat. If only stayed there watching her every move. She didn't try to move thinking if she made a wrong move it would kill her on the spot. She took quick breaths as she glanced around looking for a way to get past it toward the exit. But she would probably not be faster than the creature.

        The creature continued to watch her not doing anything till it slowly took a couple steps closer to where its face was a inch in front of hers. She closed her eyes thinking it's the end till she felt something touch her face and neck. She slowly opened her eyes seeing the black creature's face in front of her. It nudged her face and her neck almost like it was curious about her.

          For some reason she felt the fear drift away from her and she slowly lifted her hand. The creature stopped and looked at her hand and sniffed it. She hesitated but slowly laid her hand on it's head and the creature stopped again not used to being touched but it slowly settled into her palm. That is till the creature stopped and looked around then looked toward the vent exit. It looked at her again before it ran off leaving her alone in the vent. She looked at her hand and said to herself, "What the hell just happened?"