Chapter 14 ~Being Protected~

Becca woke up but she felt, different. Like she had a feeling something was going to happen. Something bad. She looked over and saw Singh sleeping in the corner. She smiled and felt something weird. She always felt something weird when she saw him. She shook her head ignoring the feeling and she looked to her side seeing a can of food and a bottle of water.

        The second she saw the food her stomach growled and she realized she hasn't eaten for days. Becca quickly grabbed the can of food and ate it within a minute. She drunk half of the water and she sighed finally feeling full in days. She thought about exploring some and she got up. She looked over at Singh one more time before disappearing out of the vent.

       Becca walked down the hall that she knew to well. She didn't know the ship well so she didn't know how or where the others were at. She continued to explore the halls as she looked around. That is till she heard voices coming from a distance.

         She quietly walked closer and hid behind a wall, putting her back against the wall. "It's been a week man, how can we not find it?" One of the voices said and she recognized the voice. It was Roger. "I don't know but it can't hide forever." She knew the other voice and it was Davison who was another friend of Max.

        She quickly came out and they turned around and aimed their guns at her. "Wait!" She put her hands up and Roger stopped and lowered his gun. "Becca?" She nodded and he smiled and dropped his gun and wrapped his arms around her. "Becca! My god I thought you were dead!" "Well either I'm a zombie or I'm alive." She smiled and he laughed. But the moment was broken when Davison said, "Umm guys, I'm getting a reading, and it's heading straight toward us."

          "Let's get out of here." Roger grabbed her arm but she stopped and said, "I can't," "What do you mean you can't!?" Becca pulled away from his grasp, "I can't go with you, I'm sorry." Roger gave her a are you insane look. "Well I don't care, we are leaving, now!" He grabbed her arm and pulled her with him as he started to walk. "Let go of me!" She struggled to get out of his grasp.

        But Davison yelled out and aimed his gun at something behind them. Roger stopped and turned around making Becca go behind him but still having a hard grasp on her. There was Singh and he looked pissed off and mad. He hissed and a ear piercing screech came from him and he pounced at Roger knocking Becca down.

        Roger screamed out and Davison started to shoot at Singh and Becca yelled out, "No don't shoot him!" She got up and moved in front of him grabbing his gun. He pushed her out of his way and she fell down on her side. Singh got off of Roger and hissed at Davison and ran at him. He knocked him down and bit his arm and he screamed out in pain.

        Becca looked at them when they were silent and she saw that Singh had his tail through Davison's stomach. Then he dropped him and she knew he was dead. She looked around but didn't see Roger. Guessing he ran off to the rest of the group Singh backed away from Davison's body and looked at her. She slowly got up knowing there were bruises on her arm and side from how harsh she was grabbed and thrown.

        Singh walked over and she smiled till he wrapped his arms around her and laid his head on her shoulder. In what seemed like a hug she smiled and sighed in comfort as she hugged him back wrapping her arms around him. "It's ok Singh, I'm alright." He nuzzled her neck and she said, "Thank you." After that, she knew he would protect her, even when he wasn't around, he would still protect her. And she loved it.