Chapter 15 ~Feelings?~

It's been two weeks since Becca met Singh. Each day they learn something new about each other. Becca learned about his features while Singh learned about her past and family. And today was the time that she learned about him.

"Do you have a family?" Singh nodded and she asked, "They're somewhere else, right?" He nodded again and he looked down almost like he was sad. "You miss them, like I miss mine." He didn't answer, only looked at the floor and she moved next to him. She rubbed his back and he laid his head on her chest and purred.

She felt her heart beat faster but she didn't know why. She smiled and laid her head on top of his and she closed her eyes. But the moment didn't last long when Singh moved away and he looked at her then to her stomach. He ran out of the vent probably going to get her food so she decided to stay till he got back.

Becca knew the others would find them sooner or later since they couldn't hide forever. It was closer now since Roger probably told everyone what happened with Davison. Now, they probably either hate her like they do Singh, or some of them want to kill her along with him. But they were her friends. Right? That's what she hoped for.

She waited for only a few minutes till the vent opened and Singh came through holding three cans of food in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. She grabbed a can and water and said, "Thanks." He hissed in like a welcome and he put the other two cans beside the rags she calls her bed.

She ate the food and drunk a bit of the water. She put the water beside the cans and she looked towards Singh who watched her the whole time as she ate. She smiled and patted the spot next to her. He didn't hesitate and he sat beside her. They talked for a long time, or that she asked questions and he either hissed or nodded. Even though she couldn't understand him, it was almost like she knew what he was saying.

She was about to ask another thing till she yawned and Singh could tell she was tired. But before he could get up to allow her to go to the pile of rags, she laid on his chest and closed her eyes. Singh was about to pick her up, she nuzzled closer to his chest and her breathing became steady knowing she was asleep.

He felt his heart beat faster and he never felt like this before. He looked down at her sleeping form and felt his heart beat faster. Even though he was born to kill humans, here he was, letting a beautiful human sleep on his chest. He stopped realizing he called her beautiful but he didn't take it back cause she was. He felt himself getting tired and he gently laid on his side holding on to her small form as she nuzzled beside his chest. He laid his head beside hers and he smiled to himself as he fell asleep.

But what he didn't know was that Becca wasn't asleep. And she felt his fast heartbeat and felt him pull her closer to his chest as he fell asleep. She smiled realizing what ever she was feeling, he was feeling to, but what was it that kept pulling them together? Friendship? Or maybe something more?